Your Style

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.

Your Style?

Juggernaut
2%
Militaristic
7%
Powerholic
7%
Guerilla
11%
Minimalist
7%
Aggressive
5%
Reserved
2%
Turtle/Camper
3%
Speed Demon/Free Flowing
6%
Intuitive
1%
Versatile
6%
Gun-Worshiper
1%
Selfless/Team Player
3%
Lone Wolf
11%
Risk-Taker
7%
Conservative
No votes
Inventor/Techie
11%
Chameleon
5%
Follower/Emulator
1%
Other (explain it in your post)
3%

Total votes: 88

atvan

Re: Your Style

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:22 pm

I almost forgot, in duels, I usually tend to act as a lone wolf. :p
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:25 am

I voted guerilla/minimalist/reserved/versatile/team player.
I probably should have voted risk taker as well, since I like experimenting with tactics.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:21 am

I might have to remove "speed demon" from my list. I'm soooooooo out of shape. I was injured at the end of the track season, so I didn't run for a month after graduation. Then I got bronchitis and didn't run for 4 more weeks. Then it got HOT as hell, heat indicies in the 110s and I didn't run for a couple more. I ran yesterday and my alactic speed is still there, but anything requiring an aerobic system is dead in the water. I think you start to lose aerobic fitness after 3 days of not training that system and I've used it only a few times since late May lol...

Obviously, these styles are like personality tests...you can see where you are roughly, but don't let anything limit how you fight. Most people use whatever style is required in a given situation or battle. This is mainly for preferences and seeing how people would fight if they have total choice in how they go in. Loving the graph.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:46 pm

DX wrote:I might have to remove "speed demon" from my list. I'm soooooooo out of shape. I was injured at the end of the track season, so I didn't run for a month after graduation. Then I got bronchitis and didn't run for 4 more weeks. Then it got HOT as hell, heat indicies in the 110s and I didn't run for a couple more. I ran yesterday and my alactic speed is still there, but anything requiring an aerobic system is dead in the water. I think you start to lose aerobic fitness after 3 days of not training that system and I've used it only a few times since late May lol...

Obviously, these styles are like personality tests...you can see where you are roughly, but don't let anything limit how you fight. Most people use whatever style is required in a given situation or battle. This is mainly for preferences and seeing how people would fight if they have total choice in how they go in. Loving the graph.
I was gone for a month in California, and the kind of work I was doing/where I was living didn't allow me to go running. It sucked, and I totally agree with you. Also, my nice running shoes got jacked, so now I'm faced with either putting out mad cash for good shoes for the war or just using what I got now which isnt really that good. Running is something that you can be good at if you just do it consistently... but doing it consistently isn't always that easy.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:43 am

I was feeling the "burning" sensation you get in the lungs when really out of shape, after only 800m at easy pace. When in good shape, you should feel a deep, settled feeling while doing aerobic running and your lungs just take it, like the way a CPS 2000's PRV just takes the pressure when you pump harder. There were days during the season where I could train for four hours and just take it. At the end, I'd feel high and energized, rather than fatigued. Runners' high is a real phenomenon, but you need to be in really good shape for it to come out. You can achieve it as a sprinter without ever touching your aerobic system, but it takes work, too. There isn't a worse feeling than training above 300m when you're really out of shape and hitting that mixed anaerobic lactic and aerobic system.

Course, at home, the motivation to work back up to that level just isn't present. I'm going to powerlift tonight for the first time since May, as well. I was at an estate sale the other day looking for soakers and I ended up with a carbon frame bench, complete with weights, for just $20. I can lift the entire bench with one hand, it's freakishly light and in new condition. I think lifting is one of the best things you can do to improve water war performance. More strength puts things like backpacks and MXL's on the menu, while boosting your alactic system.

I might break out flats for the war. As a sprinter, I rarely ever got to use these - rubber soled spikes with a heal and only 4 pins on the plate. They are as durable as trainers, but much faster. Also looking for camo stuff - haven't got anything and the war is getting close now.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:59 am

Love the analogy. Start xc tommorow. This will be the first time running copetitively for me.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:26 am

Lol, that's exactly what it's like. You know you're in good shape when you constantly want to drive the pace harder and when the workout isn't challenging you enough. Right now, my lungs have the high pressure limit of a CPS 2100 MK2. Course, as a sprinter type, I actually hate running, but love sprinting. We're both classed as runners, but it's apples and oranges. Unless you're SSC Ben who is a freak of nature and could run both XC and the 100m dash. The mentality is so different that I dunno how anyone does that combo. I even noticed major differences between the short sprinters (200 and down) and the long sprinters (200 and up) on the Conn team.

Running competitively is a ton of fun. See if you can use spikes at meets - most people your age don't and you can get an advantage that way. Every little thing helps, though your distances are a lot more relaxed in that department. Sprinters try to squeeze time savings out in multiples of .01 of a second. In my junior year, I had 5 races tie in the hundreths place and they were decided by thousanths (.001) of a second. It's just lovely losing a 200m by 3 thousanths of a second and then placing 9th, which is the highest place you can get that scores no points in collegiate track :(

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:35 pm

DX, I see what you mean about the different mentalities, but I do know someone who does both XC and 100m. He is completely bonkers though. I personally love XC but hate sprints :P
I'm a dude

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Long distance running is better. Sprinting is for no-endurance wimps. Anyway, fred, nice to see you back. You haven't posted much recently. Everybody that runs XC sorta hates and loves it at the same time. It is weird.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:49 am

XC is brilliantly weird. I love it :D

I haven't been posting much because I can't think of anything to post, so I've just been lurking
I'm a dude

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Oh yeah! It is fun.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

New Guy

Post by New Guy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:34 am

I went juggernaut. I'm a big guy and I prefer a larger soaker. I carry an Arctic Shock as a backup, looking for something a bit bigger...

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:10 am

That sounds more like powerholic.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

New Guy

Post by New Guy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:28 pm

It's not so much for the power as for shot time... And usually they make me carry them.

But I guess powerholic would also apply. I mean, I did built an APH that can be "over-charged," if you will, by an air compressor...

uberninja333

Post by uberninja333 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:12 pm

minimalist can be fun. some times i just bring my scatterblast, and leave my 2000 at home. it is so fun, just leaving death and destruction in your path from a few feet away. i have taken people out with cps, ap, aph, and hoses using the best pump i have seen in years. it works well in soak fests and most other game types as you can dodge and run for ever. the best part is that you dont even have to aim much, it has a large spread. all in all i could totaly mod this gun and put a nice backpack resivwar on it. any one have an extra cap for the scatterblast?
Why the f*** dose it seem like i'm the only one in north dakota on this site. if you live in sargent countty send me a message.

squad of 3 beats an army of one