Your most valued soaker

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
martianshark

Re: Your most valued soaker

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 am

I havn't measured the range, but it's not as good as the medium stream's range. It's possibly better than the small stream's, but it could be worse. I'll have to go measure it.

Oh yeah, and it isn't a riot blast, but it is a little bit broken up.

edit: I measured it now. The range to the last drop is 35 ft and to actually hit someone is around 30 ft. It still has worse range than the other nozzles, though. :/
Last edited by martianshark on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:17 pm

Sounds like you made the Vanquisher have nozzles like the CPS 4100. 35 feet of range is about what the 4100's 8.5x gets as well. Speaking of that cannon, the CPS 4100 is one of my most valued too, and I have two of them.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:18 pm

The 4100's smaller nozzles (4X I believe) gets perhaps a foot more than the Vindicator's highest range nozzle. I think the 4100's turbulent streams are what keeps it from getting higher ranges. However, the streams are considerably faster and more difficult to dodge, and it probably has a better effective/level shot range.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:59 pm

CPS 2500, 2000, and 12K are still my most valued. If I were to fight a war in 2010, one of these would be my pick. I find myself liking the 2000 more than in the past. If only it had a larger reservoir without requiring an ugly expansion mod, it would be so perfect.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Looks like we prefer much of the same water weaponry. I take the 12k when going lighter or if a 2500 is not available, but I avoid the 2000 since its much more skill demanding. It takes well over 3 pumps per tap shot and 10 for a short sustained shot. I used short sustained shots (usually no longer than half a second) since they're considerably less likely to be dodged by the target if the target is in range, and such shots are more reliable than firing several tap shots at once.

An easy expansion mini-mod for the 2000 would be to duct tape a 2L (or smaller if 2L is too heavy) over the res's opening, though a backpack mod would be more practical. However, if I remember correctly, backpacks were a considerable hinderance to mobility to many. (I haven't used them often enough to decide for myself but I'm generally not that mobile anyway and often rely more strictly on cover for combat.)

This summer I'll be trying out the CPS 4100's I repaired. For soakfests I'll probably dual wield them for the "lolz" but I usually avoid dual wielding in hit based games. (for obvious reasons) They may not replace the 2500 as my favorite primary, but they'll definately be effective blasters.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:18 pm

Well, I think it's obvious how many people perfer 2500s and 1200s the most. It's because they are the best! 12s for smaller water wars and 25s for hardcore.

I actually duel wield my 41s when I use them. For some reason, I perfer that more than using just one.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:13 pm

I'm surprised that you can effectively dual-wield, or, as I like to say, use akimbo 4100's. So why is it that you like using them? You said for "some reason", but could you elaborate?
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:50 am

Halo calls it dual wield, only Modern Warfare 2 called it akimbo. (doesn't matter either way) Unlike in MW2 though, you can dual wield any pair of soakers, just like any pair of dual wieldables in Halo.

I said I don't dual wield in hit based games (where you're eliminated temporarily or permanently from a round) for obvious reasons, the main one being that it's somewhat more difficult to keep both blasters pumped up but also due to lack of mobility. In soakfests, the added waterpower is nice and it feels somewhat badass but other than that there's not much to dual wielding do to its reload disadvantages.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Well, they're big, intimidating, and useful as a shield. I usually put one on 2.5x and the other on 8.5x and use tap shots and primarily the 8.5x as the defensive. Unless the opponent is too close, and then I blast them with it and use the other as a shield-type mode. It actually works well, but does limit your mobility. So I guess the reason I like them duel wielde. Is because I can use tham as defense (shield) and also offense (attack). I do similar with Vindicators sometimes (6x and 1.5x nozzles instead). I don't know why exactly I do it, but it works well when I do it.
SPLASH! You're dead!

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:32 pm

C-A_99 wrote:However, if I remember correctly, backpacks were a considerable hinderance to mobility to many.
The same weight will impede motion much less in a backpack than carried by the arms.

Of course, most people take advantage of that and carry a LOT in a backpack. If you start carrying 10, 15, 20 kilos, then yes that's going to impede your mobility.

And if you mod an existing large blaster, you have a bulky heavy weapon PLUS a heavy backpack. The PowerPack design is arguably the best for mobility, where almost everything is in the pack and the blaster component is very light. (The design has other drawbacks of course). The CPS 3000 with its own backpack is probably easier to handle than a 2500 with a 3000 backpack, because again, lighter blaster portion.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:14 pm

I think it was DX who mentioned dislike for backpacks in the past. Another consideration is the tube that has to connect to the blaster which some may find annoying. From my own experience, backpacks aren't good with air pressure blasters since pre-pumping air becomes nearly impossible with one attached. Backpacks are best for elastic PC's and air pressure systems where the air and water are seperated and pumped seperately.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:10 pm

My new APH Leftovers is on par with my Vanquisher.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:03 pm

I have a new favorite soaker, the CPS 1000, but I am starting to move away from getting new guns.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:46 am

After using it in a battle, the APH is definitely my most valued soaker.

Hyper

Post by Hyper » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:27 pm

My CPS1700 and XP310

The CPS1700 as powerful main weapon, but it is way overpowered in the current age of cheap and underpowered guns. Therefore, I mostly use my XP310 which is a bit more fair in that kind of water battles.
Resistance is futile. You will be soakinated.