base

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
supersoakerman

base

Post by supersoakerman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 am

I have some steel steps in my backyard that my dad put in because of an exstention and I was thinking of building a base under them what should I use ? and also I wanna have a laptop in there to plan attacks how should I run electricity to it?
i'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and i'm all out of ass
... wait wat?

wwwat?-wise words of lil jon

cantab

Re: base

Post by cantab » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 am

Plywood would probably be the best choice for any defensive structure. Failing that, corrugated carboard covered with binbags.

I would not advise you have a laptop anywhere remotely near a water warfare battlefield. Unless it's a waterproof laptop - they can be had. Expect to pay a lot for a new model though.

A cheaper alternative might be to build your base around a house window, and place a computer inside, screen facing the window, with keyboard and mouse outside (cheap wireless ideally, but you could use cables).

I would strongly advise against attempting to run mains electrical power to anything relating to water warfare. The risks are just too great.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

supersoakerman

Post by supersoakerman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:39 am

well it's an old one I found in somone's council cleenup pile and it runs windows 95 so it lags
i'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and i'm all out of ass
... wait wat?

wwwat?-wise words of lil jon

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:29 am

yeah that may be so but if the battrey keeps cuting out and u want to keep it running of mains power suply thrn there will be 240volts (not shure bout other countrys but i liv in Australia) and if some 1 get eletiicuted it's gonna be REAL BAD. and i say painted ply wood (make shure it's water proof paint other wise your base wont last very long)or if u wanta more long term base and dont mind some more work then make some brick walls,i made a base for paint balling but it was in a field and i had cement laid and then made brick walls with a 6" concrete think roof it's a bit over the top but well worth it.if i could have done it again i would have built in a water tank and a large genratior with cables running thrugh the walls to all wethier power points and a co2 compressor or scuba compressor ( HPA compressor)and would have had VERY think acrylic windows (like 1")and a concerte door (just cos it would have been cool,and james bondish)
but yeah like i said probs painted ply wood and mabey a heavley tinted acrylic window or just shutters would do (but not as good as u might still get wet).
good luck with the build
BTW whats your buget?.