RP: What do you think?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
steelboot

Re: RP: What do you think?

Post by steelboot » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:12 pm

steelboot gave Juch his 2500 and grabbed Lewis's 21k. Whatever had happened to Lewis, they must fight until all enemies are gone. Juch hit one Expeditioner with a 20x blast while steelboot dodged a stream and hit the other Expeditioner with a shot at the exact same time as McMan did. The hostiles fled, drenched, and the noble warriors all turned to look at each other, beaming. While Lewis was completely soaked, the others were pleasantly dry. They exchanged high-fives before kneeling over Lewis. He was out like a light.
"What are we going to do with him?" asked Juch.
"Let's bring him back to the hotel" said McMan, as steelboot nodded his head in consent.
steelboot picked up Lewis's 12k and pulled it over his shoulder.
"Keep pressure guys, there could be more", said Juch, as he swung Lewis over his shoulders.. They kept their weapons out as a caution, but they were not needed, as they met nobody, not a single person, on their way back to the hotel.
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:20 pm

(OOC: What sort of time of day is it in the RP?)
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Right now, it's about 7am.
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Caution: Extremely long post ahead!!!
Juch, Lewis, steelboot, and McMan traveled towards the hotel, just in time to witness a large gang of Hunters and Expeditioners terrorizing a group of kids. "Alright, I'll take him in while you take them out," Juch said, running inside the hotel. McMan hid behind the hotel wall, covering steelboot. "Alright charge!" McMan whispered. "Wait," steelboot said, "I have an idea." They went inside the hotel, grabbing 20 prefilled balloons and a slingshot on the table nearby. "Let's go now,"

Juch was going up the elevator with Lewis, who was still unconsious. "Alright, top floor," Juch said. The door opened, and five Expeditioners with gasmasks and Monster XLs were prowling the hallway ahead. "Alright, going down," Juch said, pressing all of the buttons in the elevator except the for the floor they were on. He hit the alarm button, which made a loud noise, causing the Expeditioners to look up. They ran over to the elevator and to see what was happening, right when the door closed. "Take the stairs," the big Expeditioner said, who was duel wielding Monster XLs.

McMan took the slingshot and 10 balloons, while steelboot charged with the Max-D 6 Juch had given him. The Expeditioners were caught off guard, and were shot with a 2.5x blast by the Max-D, and hit with three small balloons. About seven guards fell unconsious immediately, while three later fell.

The elevator opened just as the Expeditioners finished going down the stairs. Juch ran out, with Lewis on his shoulders. He went into a closet, while the Expeditioners walked around. Lewis woke up. "Ahhh, were are we?" Lewis said. "Shhh," Juch said. "Did you hear something?" One of the Expeditioners asked. "Naw," another said, "It was just the wind." "There hasn't been any wind this season!" the first guard said. "Just shut up," the leader said, "You morons just heard nothing now get back to work, the boss needs us to." "Ya, fine, but let's go back up the stairs," "Sure." A door opened and then there was silence.

McMan and steelboot were low on ammo. There were only 3 balloons left, and steelboot's Max-D 6000 was only an one/eighth filled. Eight guards remained, four of which were holding kids hostage and pointing guns at their heads. "You shoot him, and I'll shoot this kid," an Expedetioner said, moving the Max-D 3000 closer to his head. The kid was in tears, looking at steelboot and McMan.

Juch and Lewis, now fully awake, both ran to the elevator, pressing the down button. An Expeditioner steped out, with no weapon. Juch pointed steelboot's CPS 2500 at him, while Lewis grabbed Juch's Max-D 4000. "Who are you?" Juch questioned. The figure pulled off a mask, revealing that he was Charles, the leader of the Expeditioners. "If you shoot me now, you will be kept hostage in my headquarters, Juch." Charles said. Juch lowered the CPS. "I will see you later, Lame Loser! Ahhaahahaha!!! Whahahahaha!!" The elevator door closed, taking Charles away. "Something's wrong with him," Lewis said, putting the Max-D in his pocket. "Let's take the fire exit," Juch said, thinking over what just happened. "Yeah," Lewis said, walking toward the far window.

steelboot and McMan started to retreat back into the hotel, right when Juch and Lewis opened the window and shot about ten tap shots towards all of the Expeditioners below. The Expeditioners all dropped to the ground at around the same time, except for one, who surrendered because he had no gun. The kids thanked steelboot and McMan, and ran towards the hotel, down the street, to get to their houses.

After Juch and Lewis went downstairs, they went into Juch's jeep and drove down the lonely country road which was empty that lead towards the Engineer's house. "Ah, what a day," steelboot said. "Indeed," said Juch, "we met Charles, the leader. He's very strange." "Did you get him?" McMan said. "No," said Lewis, "There were some heavy Expeditioners with Monsters. And we would have been captured, too" "Hmm..." steelboot said, "Those Expeditioners are ruthless," "Indeed," Juch said, driving down a large hill. McMan looked back to enjoy the air blowing on his face, when a giant dirty school bus with a WBL on a turret on the roof apeared, driving over 80 miles per hour. "Whoa, ah, Juch, Lewis," McMan said, "we have company."

steelboot ran grabbed the Double-Barrel WBL put in the three left over balloons, pressurized at 80 psi using the foot pump, and opened the ball vavle, hitting the windsheld with 2 balloons, while the third missed by inches. The driver, who was now visible, got soaked and fell on the steering wheel unconsious. The bus swerved off the road, and wrecked into a huge tree, flipping about while falling down a hill.

"Wow, I wasn't looking for that much of an effect, but it at least disabled them temporarly," steelboot said, turning in his seat. They traveled down the road until they came to the Engineer's house.

Wow, that's a load. Sorry for mispellings! :confused: :cool:
Last edited by JuchTurtles on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:54 pm

Heh, a lot of people get knocked unconscious. It's only water. Can we, from now on, have them get soaked and retreat or fall over hurt as a opposed to being knocked unconscious?
Other than that, great stuff, Juch. As a note Max-D 6000 doesn't have 10x, the best is like 2.5x. I'll post in a bit.
steelboot pwns n00bs
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

DX

Post by DX » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:07 pm

Lewis was pretty much recovered. He quickly retrieved his gear from the hotel roof before getting into the jeep. To his delight, the hits on his arm and shoulder were not scarring like in past years. In fact, there was no visible sign of being hit whatsoever...weird.

Anyway, this ride was a good opportunity to get some sleep...

Rex was awake early. He had to sort through the radio reports from the previous night, which were more numerous than usual. Most enemy fighters had been rounded up in the capital, but a handful of isolated groups were still holding out. There was one such group so troubling that Charles himself had gone out to size them up.

Rex found it funny that an organization of this size couldn't deal with a squad of 4. These 4 people kept popping up in reports from [defeated] patrols. They were making a mockery of the Expeditioners' power.

A major walked into the room.

"Captain Rex, your presence is requested in the briefing room."

"Alright, I'll be there in a minute."

Rex sneered as he left. Just a kid. He probably hadn't even fired his shiny new water gun. Hell, half the officers in this base probably had never seen real fighting.

General Lance was presiding over the briefing. He loved the power he could wield over his squad commanders, but his mood soured as Rex entered the room. He threw Rex a dirty look.

"You're late."

Rex threw it back.

"Your watch is 6 minutes and 45 seconds fast, sir."

This was why he hated Rex, always a smartass [though after the briefing he would discover that his watch was precisely 6 minutes, 45 seconds faster than system time].

Ignoring that comment of insolence, Lance started the briefing and turned on a projector.

"These are the positions of known resistance on the island."

He zoomed in on the capital and pointed,

"We did away with these threats overnight. However, we were unable to capture these groups...they have most likely moved to new positions by now. Many of those we did nab have converted to our cause and have already been given their assignments.

Captains Twitch and Flood, you will notice today that your squads have been expanded by 12. Storm, Fear, and Avenger have 8 each. Trey, you have 5. Several dozen will be stationed around the base. That does it for converts."

Lance smirked. He had given Rex nothing.

"Now, there is one group that is giving us trouble in particular. They were confronted by Boss not long ago, but have reportedly fled in a jeep. He suspects they are heading toward that crazy engineer's fort up north. A loud explosion was traced to that location overnight.

"Captain Twitch, your assignment today will be to remove this group as a threat, using any means necessary. Our patrols report 3 teenagers and 1 about your age. Just 4, they should be no match, although they are carrying strong weapons. The older one is dual-wielding K-modded guns and doesn't go down easily. Should you require...assistance...you will have Captain RX as...backup. You know the penalty for failure.

You two are free to go, the rest shall remain for their assignments."

Rex stormed out of the room. This was ridiculous! No reinforcements? A backup role? Hell, what was left of his squad was still the most experienced in the entire place! However, he remembered an article he had read on redirecting energy. His anger was totally wasted on Lance - he should save it for the enemy. Twitch's men were too young for this fight if the enemy was as experienced as the patrols had indicated.

This was going to be up to him.

The were going to regret messing with Rex.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:34 pm

Juch and Lewis cautiously approached the Engineer's house. The place was a mess, part of the roof was broken inside, the door off hinges, PVC everywhere. "Go, slowly," Juch whispered. The Engineer walked out with the Secret Strike pointed it at them for three seconds, and then lowered it. "Ah, you look like your good," He said. "What happened last night?" Lewis questioned, "We heard a boom..." "And I saw smoke," McMan interrupted. "Well," The Engineer said, "A supposingly 300 psi 50 gal tank imploded when it got up to pressures of 200 psi." "Ow," Juch said, "are you okay?" "Yes," The Engineer said, "My life was saved by the screen, and my radios burned. The only things that were salveged were two Supercannons that can shoot a hundred feet, a kilolauncher, and three APHs, with different powers and sizes." "Those are usefull," Juch said. "Yes," Lewis agreed, "Why don't you come with us, to take out those Expeditioners." "Alright," The Engineer replied, going inside and grabbing the WBL, Supercannons and APHs. "We're taking this, too," he said, putting a 100 gal tank in the back of the jeep. The jeep was full. They filled the weapons and headed down the big highway, that would eventually lead to Gallowsville, a 2000 mile trip that was well worth it. Gallowsville had parts for making turrets, plus no know association with the Expeditioners.

Rex, Twitch, and three soliders escaped the bus. "You blasting morons!" Rex yelled watching the bus and the rest of their squad go flying down a ravine. "It isn't that bad," Twitch said calmly. "Oh yeah," Rex screamed, angrier than anyone had ever seen him, "You are going to make Boss so mad, I could, I could, kill you!!" He stormed towards the road. "We are going to hi-jack a car!" Twitch looked at him blankly, then slowly walked towards the road. The soliders followed.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:21 pm

(OOC: OK, I don't generally like having my character controlled to such an extent by others.

Some things are going to need to be said.)

Prior to leaving, the Engineer had got out some metal shuttering he had, and used it to make his place secure.

The weapons taken were by no means his only remaining ones. The vast majority of the Engineers arsenal remained, presumably intact, in the storage cellar. Its entrance door was from a safe, and unfortunately the blast had triggered the relocker, permanently locking it with a dozen bolts, that would take hours to get through. (OOC: That means it WON'T be robbed.)

The 'kilolauncher' taken was in fact a failed prototype. Failed in that it did not meet its design goal of firing a kilometre, its range a mere 300 metres. It is an unusual design. The body is a 12 foot steel rail (in two sections that bolt together), with a 6 inch crossbar at one end. Attached to the rail is a container, to hold the balloon. From the container to the crossbar a substantial amount of elastic is stretch. A ratcheting winch pulls the container back, stretching the elastic - when released, the balloon is launched forward.

Along with the weapons, he had also taken his trusty FT-817, an all-band lightweight battery powered transceiver. He had an extra battery pack, a mag-mount 'whip' antenna which was slapped on the jeep roof, a SOTAbeam, a wire dipole, and a guyable telescopic mast. All told, a lightweight portable station.

(OOC: Apart from the mag-mount antenna, I own all of this stuff for real. Unfortunately I don't own an FT 9000 in real life, the 817's my only transceiver. The operating setup looks something like this: http://www.sb-sota.org.uk/Photos/LongCragOF.jpg
In good conditions, fully capable of contacting anywhere on the globe. The mag-mount antenna can be used when in the car, but has less performance.
Basically, this stuff (amateur radio) is like CB on steroids. You have to pass a test to be able to do it, though I'll probably ignore that in the RP.

Also, I thought we were on an island. What's with this 2000 mile journey?)
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Major McMan

Post by Major McMan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:43 pm

Bad news, guys. I won't be able to post for a few days.

I have a request involving my character- could you leave him behind for the Gallowsville trip? If you must mention him, just state that he volunteered to stay behind for personal reasons. Thanks!
Cthulhu fhtgan..

My armory: XP 150, XP 220, stripped-down XP 70, Max-D 3000, FF ,Monster '01

DX

Post by DX » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:10 am

OOC: Yeah, I dunno about 2K miles...it would mean that I sailed...more than that distance...in 1 night :p
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:41 am

After they finished loading up for the trip for Gallowsville, McMan flat out said he couldn't go, and started walking down the highway. "Weird," steelboot said. "Is it really 2,000 miles, Juch?" Lewis asked. "Rounded up," Juch said, "It's really only 1,543 exactly, which still is far.". They headed down the road.

(OCC) the island is about 2,000 miles traveling south, 1,320 going west.)
SPLASH! You're dead!

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:42 am

How about 50-75 miles? That's more realistic for an island. You call it, Juch.
steelboot pwns n00bs
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 pm

(OOC: Oh yeah, the Engineer's place is just inside region 3, on a line joining Loucelville (~burg on the map) and the Expeditioners hideout. It's on a smallish mountain, about 700 m high - the west face is very steep, while the eastern side is gentler, but still a 45 degree slope in places. The way up's a dirt track that you won't manage in a normal car - you'll need a 4x4, quad, or dirt bike. Or just hike it. The west face requires proper climbing skill to negotiate.

Also, for what it's worth the island map is dud anyway. There are two apparent tributaries of the Loucell river that meet the sea on the beach in the south. That doesn't happen.)
Arsenal:

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Let's officially make it 200 miles south, and 100 miles west, ok? That's more reasonable and it makes Loucell a big island. Now somebody should post some more story (I think its not fair for me to go again).
SPLASH! You're dead!

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:57 am

Wow, I just typed up a post in Quick Reply only to find I wasn't logged in. I'll redo it later, so nobody post until I did, mine is good.
steelboot pwns n00bs
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!