RP: What do you think?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
cantab

Re: RP: What do you think?

Post by cantab » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:05 pm

(OOC: I wanted to take a more passive role for a bit. The Engineer has to fix things at his place.)
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Ok, well maybe we should slow down, cause its just been cantab and me posting over and over, and now that we've split up, its going to be a hard story. We should hold off, or what do you guys think?
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:59 pm

(OOC: The other line that's been going on has been the stuff at the mansion. Juch your character could head back there - perhaps provide a much-needed reinforcement at a key time. But of course that ideally needs some other RP by others first. Though things can be outlined, and fleshed out after the fact.

Longer term, ie maybe in a few days RP time, I'm thinking of a meeting at the Engineer's place, of all opposed to the Expeditioners, to plan and prepare an assault on the Expeditioner base.)
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:03 am

I don't know, it just seems to be slowing down, and you and I have been the only ones posting. Maybe we could pospone the RP, and come back later when others can post more.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

DX

Post by DX » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:07 am

I have a pretty sweet segment in mind for the mansion battle, but have been holding off to see if Juch and the Engineer would return or not. I'll post it in a couple hours.

By all means keep it going.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

DX

Post by DX » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:31 am

It was midnight, the perfect time to launch an assault on Castilla Agua. At least to Lewis it was - EBA, Sun, and Moon weren't so thrilled with the choice of time.

Thanks to Sun and Moon, they now had the latest information on its defensive layout. Sun and Moon were also able to find out what was so special about Castilla from the plans. Its grand library, located on the 1st floor, contained a wealth of information on water warfare. Some very sensitive designs, plans, and data could be found there. Of particular interest was a file on Expeditioner bases, including their main. These plans were original and handwritten; no computerized version existed, nor could a copy be found anywhere else.

Lewis volunteered to go and retrieve this file. The others stared at the floodlit fortifications, then back at him as if he were crazy.

"It's easier for one person to slip in unnoticed. I've got a plan for both getting in there and getting out. It's really, really daring, but the enemy won't see it coming. I need you guys to create a diversion."

Still skeptical, they agreed. Lewis drew a diagram in the sand,

"EBA, I need you to pound the bridge barricade with a launcher. Sun and Moon, take positions on either side of the bridge and aim for the defenses underneath as located on the plans. You guys should actually be able to take the whole bridge. Once you reach the barricade, there will be major fire coming from protected trench positions. Don't attempt to go through it, just use the barricade as cover and return fire. At 4:15, regardless of where I am, retreat back to the vehicle and return to Gallowsville. Once the enemy clears the barricade they will probably pursue you. Try to get Juch, Steelboot, or the Engineer on the radio. Don't worry about me = I'll meet you back there somehow".

They got up, grabbed radios, and then snuck into position. Lewis whispered on the radio, "Hold your fire until I give the signal".

Lewis then brought out a huge coil of rope purchased in Gallowsville and a chunk of iron rock that he'd found while waiting for this attack.

He then snuck over to the edge of the bluff over the river, searching for a suitable place to cross. Several minutes passed before he eyed a place with a big tree right on the bank. There was hardly any vegetation at all past the direct banks of the river.

He uncoiled the rope to its full length, tying one end to a thick tree next to him and the other to the iron. He also cut off a section about 2 ft long and dropped it on the ground. Thinking about how silly and dangerous this actually was, he shoved the rock down the barrel of his Douchenator and started pumping.

EBA, Sun, and Moon were in position and ready to go. Lewis finished pumping and searched his pockets for the shooting tables. There was no margin for error this time.

"WBL, No wind, 250ft, -15ft...33 degrees dead ahead."

He could feel adrenaline building as he lined up the shot and fumbled for the radio.

"Open fire!"

Four launchers shot off in unison, the other 3 concealing the sound of his from the defenders. Lewis could not be distracted by the confused yells coming from the bridge. He kept his eyes on the iron rock, as it flew into the tree branches and tangled up the rope. Luckily, the knot held and now the rope was stretched across the river, though loose and not exactly safe. Falling wouldn't be a big deal, as the river lay about 20ft below, but the current was very fast. Lewis quickly tied off the extra slack around the tree and looped his section over the rope.

He dropped the Douchenator, slung his 12K over his shoulder, took grip on the loop, and with a deep breath, jumped.

With a WHOOOOOOOOSH he was sliding over the river!

It was faster than he thought. He bailed just in time...and the action dislodged the weight from the rope. He watched from the ground as the rope was flung away.

Shaking a bit, heart racing, Lewis got up and made his way toward the edge of the lit perimeter. Nobody seemed to be watching the back entrance of the manor. The diversion must have had their full attention at the bridge....huh...

He ran right up to the place, opened what was a library window according to the plans, and jumped through.

"OH SHIT!" Lewis thought...

It was indeed the library, but there were like ten people in the room!

Thinking on his feet, he quickly yelled to the stunned room,

"We're under attack! Everyone needs to get to their defensive positions NOW! This is an emergency!"

Incredibly...it actually worked...they grabbed their guns and rushed out various doors. Lewis pretended to follow, then cut off and returned to the library. He knew that he only had minutes before someone would realize that they'd been duped.

He located a shelf with folders that looked promising...

Rex laughed as he watched EBA, Sun, and Moon slowly making their way across the bridge.

"What are they thinking, they'll never make it past the barricade! Idiots..."

Suddenly a bunch of guys came running down the hall. This was strange...

Rex yelled at them, "Where are you going? I TOLD you to stay in reserve in the library!"

"But sir, an officer ordered us to the defenses, we're under attack!"

"I know that, genius, who the hell told you to move?"

"Some ragged-looking officer with long hair and a painted 12K."

The color drained from Rex' face.

"HOLY F*CK!" Rex yelled as he reached the library. It was Lewis, and he was reaching to take a file. Rex knew exactly which one.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Rex rushed...but instead of trying to flee, Lewis rushed right at him, too. Their streams collided in mid-air. Rex was forced back...Lewis wouldn't stop shooting...he ducked behind a bookshelf as Lewis unloaded everything!.

And then he raced across the floor and dove out the window. Rex jumped back up and ran after him.

"Mayday, mayday, all troops to Quadrant 4, all troops to Quadrant 4, NOW!" Rex desperately screamed into the radio.

He sprinted down the hill as shouts rang out, footsteps grew louder, and water balloons flew by. There was no way to make it to the bridge. Remembering the swift current of the river, Lewis changed direction and broke for the bank.

Lewis dumped his whole reservoir out while in motion. He pumped air into the PC, crumpled and shoved his chart, shooting tables, and base plans into the empty reservoir, then screwed the cap on tightly.

Rex was right on him, firing wildly at his back.

He ran onto a sandbank and into the water. A jolt of intense pain shot through him as Rex made a direct hit on his back, but he kept on moving until the current swept him off his feet. Rex was left standing in shallow water, a look of both fury and fear on his face.

Lewis was now riding the current, somewhat supported by a 12K filled with air. The water was not particularly cold, but he was hurt and being weighed down. He tossed away his water-logged shoes, socks, shirt, and pocket contents, including a now-ruined flashlight, compass, and radio. That last one was a big loss - he had forgotten about his radio. It wasn't water proof!

He looked back again. Rex was gone and the bridge was clear. Hopefully the others were making it out of there. Cars were moving across the bridge...that wasn't good for them or him.

The bridge passed out of sight.

Lewis turned his attention to the river. It was very possible to drift right into Gallowsville, but if the Hann got rough before then, he would have to bail. Then again, the entire area was pretty much a desert and there was nowhere to seek refuge. He might be in for a rough ride...

"All this for a stack of papers?"

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:59 am

Sun, Moon, and EBA were fighting still, but most of the Expeditioners had traveled back, to the other side of the manison, and the ones they fought mostly now, were idiots.

"Lewis," EBA raidioed, "Come in. We need to know if..." "Look!" Moon suddenly shouted, pointing at the Hann River.

There was Lewis traveling with the bank. Behind him, and half a mile behind him, the Expeditioners had air boats, and soakers!

"Let's go," Sun yelled. They all piled into the jeep, and Moon started the engine while EBA loaded the double barrel douchinator and cocked a Supercannon.

"Charge!" EBA commanded. They were going to disable that boat, using whatever means necessary.

---------

Juch had gotten the radio signals and knew they needed him. He sped down the highway, and got close to Gallowsville by 3 AM.

Well, I guess we are continuing!
SPLASH! You're dead!

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:46 am

I call next post. I'll be editing this one.

EDIT:Juch reached Gallowsville at exactly 3:30, and immediately went to the hotel they had stayed at before. No one was there; Lewis had left about 4 hours ago.

Juch headed towards Castilla Agua to see if they were attacking. They might need him if it was a key moment.

Suddenly, three air boats went by on the Hann River. That was weird. And then Juch saw Moon driving his jeep.

He turned the car in a 180 and then sped towards the boats.

Loading the Balloon Launcher and pumping the CPS he looked for a rut. That's exactly what he found.

It all happened so fast. Flying across the small river was scary, and trechorous. Seeing Lewis ahead of the boats, he pressed the valve of the launcher and shot the 2000, at different boats.

The one the balloon hit the second boat so hard, the engine and fan completely broke off, wrecking the third one into it. The first had no driver now, he'd been shot off, and probably run over by now.

Juch landed the cart on the other side saftely. Swerving around again to face Lewis.

"Lewis," he yelled, "grab this rope!" He threw the rope towards Lewis, missing by inches.
"Dang!" he pulled it in. He tried again, missing now by feet. "NO NO NO!" He yelled. A large waterfall came into view. It was now or never.

As he winded back to throw the rope, EBA had already gotten Lewis and dragged him to shore. The other boats flew down the waterfall in a four way collision. Lewis and the rest were safe.

They drove back to Gallowsville and met at the hotel room, gathered around.

Alright, now it's Lewis' turn.
Last edited by JuchTurtles on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changing My Writing
SPLASH! You're dead!

DX

Post by DX » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:23 pm

OOC: I call the one after that. I am planning for the attempt to get the plans to the rest of the group to be long and difficult.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:39 pm

Lewis, it is your turn if you plan to post. Scroll up to see what i wrote. Everyone is gathered around in the hotel room except for The Engineer, steelboot, and McMan.
SPLASH! You're dead!

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:17 am

Still waiting for somebody to find me...
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:58 am

Where exactly do you want to be? It's not like we'll just find you walking down the road, unless you wanted that. I'll post if you give me a location.
SPLASH! You're dead!

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:52 pm

It's totally up to you. I'm taking a more passive role everywhere. Soaker Nook has been put on hold. I'll try to check in once a week or so. Do what you want with me.
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:40 pm

Ok

The next night

Juch was traveling south towards the beaches on the southern edge out Loucell. It was dark out, at least nine, but Juch didn't know for sure. Juch's jeep canopy was open, and he had his brights on.
Next to him was a 15K, which he discovered on the bottom floor of the hotel. The night guard let him have it; hotel people don't even know the value of soakers. He had given it a 72 layer K-mod and spray painted it white. Now it was filled and on the empty passenger seat of the jeep. But it wasn't alone for long.
Juch noticed something walked towards him. He slowed down a bit and turned off the brights. Now he noticed the figure more.
The figure walked with a limp and he carried a soaker, which looked like a smaller CPS of some sort. It was a 1000. Juch stopped when he got close.
Let's just put it this way. The guy was drenched, and the light drizzling rain that was coming down wouldn't of caused that.
After a few seconds, Juch identified him. It was steelboot. Juch moved the 15K out of the way and steelboot climbed in. He sat and immediately fell asleep without his seltbelt even on. Juch then sped directly to the hotel, and then got steelboot in a warm bed. The next morning, steelboot would tell his whole story.
Last edited by JuchTurtles on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPLASH! You're dead!

supersoakerman

Post by supersoakerman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:47 am

Name: robert
Height: unknown
Weight: 63kg.
Appearance: rashie and bordies + thongs
Strengths: heavy weapons
best gun: super soaker super charger power pack
i'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and i'm all out of ass
... wait wat?