Rocket propelled water balloons

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Clear Vison

Rocket propelled water balloons

Post by Clear Vison » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi guys, I just came up with a new idea after my friend made his first SCII, all done at home. :) I was wondering if using a SCII to launch big wbs will be an effective tactic, say... 500ml-1500ml a balloon? Unfortunatly some of the water gets displaced by the wbs, but fortunatly there are advantages that make up for the displaced water. Critisms and flaming welcome, I've never used a SCII before and I was only wondering if you could put a wb inside the nuzzle and fire it.

Here are some of the advantages of this, so enjoy

1. Extremely long range (Probably 70 feet max?)
2. Wbs will most likely explode on impact
3. Huge splash radius
4. Longer range than a wbls' I think? (I've never used a wbl before either)
5. Will own someone if hit directly (Trust me on this haha)
6. You can fire it directly at other players unlike a wbl

Post away!
Last edited by Clear Vison on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

cantab

Re: Rocket propelled water balloons

Post by cantab » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:02 am

Water balloon launchers have key design differences to water blasters. There are plenty of designs on this site, and many can do a LOT more than 70 feet. Accuracy and rate of fire, not range, are the usual drawbacks.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Clear Vison

Post by Clear Vison » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:14 am

But you can't fire a wb at someone directly from a wbl now can you? I've edited my post to add another advantage that SC IIs have over wbls. :P

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Honestly, the only difference in the way they work is that Supercannon II shoots water, not air, which would limit the velocity of the balloon.

It sounds like you're trying to combine streams and balloons, which is probably a bad idea. Powerful water balloon launchers shouldn't be aimed directly at anybody.

That said, you could tone down the pressure and use massive balloons, making the launcher a bit safer - don't expect better range though. I'm not sure how easy it would be to handle a 1 liter balloon (holding one in your hands is hard enough), but go ahead and try it. Make sure you use a sabot behind the balloon to stop it from popping.