Water Warfare ARMOUR

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Vickers303

Re: Water Warfare ARMOUR

Post by Vickers303 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:33 am

I'm on 694 Stuypulse. Our lunacy bot could spit out balls at a rate of 400 balls a minute. Right now we're planning on mounting a few painball guns and a supercannon or a backpack soaker (bootleg flamethrower, just to show off our capabilities). Someone on our team built a revolver WBL that also loads on the bottom. Gatling Gun, w00t.

For powering the armor, I want to use a combination of electrical industrial motors and pneumatics. Right now, speed isn't the issue, movement is. Bipedal movement is a pain to prog. That said, I want the suit to be able to carry about 100 pounds of armor and weaponry, along with a few air compressors. Any ideas?
Why isn't there a water gun armored vehicle yet?

Arsenal: Modded Supercannon, Backpack-modified Piston Gun, WBL, Storm 300 Pistol, and a whole slew of defunct soakers in the garage.

cantab

Re: Water Warfare ARMOUR

Post by cantab » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:05 am

I think the real army spends millions on powered exoskeletons, and hasn't got one yet. So I'll be amazed if you can do it.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: