Water balloons?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
cantab

Re: Water balloons?

Post by cantab » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:48 pm

DX wrote:You also want ALL the tools of war at your disposal
At the level of an army that's correct. However, at smaller levels, considering a single person, or group, or even the entire team if it's small, 'opportunity cost ' comes into play. Yes, a WBL may have uses. However, you have to ask yourself things like "Should he take the WBL, or the CPS 3000?", or "Should I take water balloons, or a refill bottle for my gun?".

I've yet to hear of a truly large 'serious' water war, mostly I think it's just small skirmishes. In such, you want every person to be as effective as possible.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:14 pm

Having the option open doesn't equate to using it, just that it's there if necessary. Personally, I wouldn't have anyone carry a launcher as a primary - they'd either have it disassembled in a backpack or cached somewhere on the field that may be a good place for a one-time attack.

Obviously organized wars rarely exceed 20 total participants, but what they arm with really depends on what you aim to do. A strategy heavy with trick tactics will see lighter armaments and more balloons, while a strategy focusing on versatility might see a variety of weaponry and gear.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Yes, having less-used weapons placed in bases or caches might work. The problem then is can the person get to it and use it before the opportunity has passed.
As for carrying anything disassembled, that's something I'd try and avoid if possible. How long would such a thing take to put together.
Of course there will be some people who will make relatively light work of heavy loads. These can be the people you give the 3000 AND the WBL to!
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: