Flash Flood Tactics

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
SSCBen

Re: Flash Flood Tactics

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:11 pm

I've noticed that the Flash Flood is more expensive than it used to be for some reason. Amazon.com has them for $37.50. The very similar Arctic Blast is a much better deal now because it's half the price! With that being said, it's not a phenomenal water gun either. I'd personally rather get an Orca or Tiger Shark the more I read into it.

Dual wielding should work well with two Flash Flood sized water guns. The Flash Flood and Arctic Blast are essentially CPS pistols. Potential problems would include hitting the flood trigger and pumping. I suppose you could relocate the flood trigger with one of those "keychain trigger relocations" I've seen in Nerf if you wanted to make it work better.

lazerhawk08

Post by lazerhawk08 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:05 am

What is a "key chain" mod"
I have trichotillomania (trik-O-til-a-mAn-Eu)
Which meens i rip out my hair uncontrollably...its emotionally depressing...
If anyone could help...PM me...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:22 am

I should have said key ring modification. It's something that puts a trigger somewhere with a key chain. It's somewhat popular in Nerf modifications. Here's an example: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10751

You're not limited to key rings obviously, but I remembered someone used them before and they work, so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Dual-wielding two Flash Floods or Arctic Blasts would be very good in my mind. Both are pistols--or just about--and both are fairly well balanced. Two at once removes the weakness of not having a charged gun after a riot blast, allowing the user to keep on shooting! I would say that is a very good tactic, both defensively and offensively. Remember--the best defense is a solid offense, which that would provide.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:08 am

Hmm, the last time I think I've heard dual wielding suggestions was from myself. However, if having to pump 2 guns at nearly the same time doesn't work for you (though I found that it was somewhat easy after a first few battles), I'd suggest finding a way to create straps for them but I'm having trouble making straps for some of my own guns so I can't really help there. You could also carry a Tiger Shark or Orca as a secondary, using the FF to make a blast, then using the secondary to attack anyone who chases. (as opposed to having to run and pump the FF as fast as you can) This also gives time to get to a safe distance to re-pump the FF, while the secondary shouldn't require as much re-pumping.

If you decide to dual wield FF's, use similar techinique above, I just suggested the primary-secondary method since re-pumping isn't as annoying. Still, its all preference here.