trench warfare

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Spinner

Re: trench warfare

Post by Spinner » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:23 am

Killer 7 wrote:The shields are a good Idea, any suggestions on how to make a few good shields?
After some road works had finished in our area, we took the then-redundant temporary plastic warning signs and cut holes in them to attach handles made of thick insulated electrical wire.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:56 am

There is a guide to making shields, but I am unable to find it at the moment.

The basic idea is to take a large piece of plastic, (Like the tops from big plastic storage containers) and then duct-tape or somehow attach two handles on the back to make an arm-mounted-shield. (The kind that you carry strapped to your lower-arm.)

Alternate materials could be used for the shield depending on what you have available, but this is the basic idea.

I personally prefer the "Roman Legion" style shields, tall and rectangular in shape.

P.S.
Here is a place where you can find several choices of sling-launchers:
http://www.sillytown.com/
Captain-Canis: Founder of the Maple-Mountain-Marines.
Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:53 pm

Don't use the slingshot launchers, its easier to just throw the waterballoons. But waterballoons probably would intimidate the girls alot, especially if you get some headshots.

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:23 pm

Sling launchers can be quite powerful if you use them right.

Another option is the classic Mortar Launcher, although for your case I would use a small 6"-long pressure-chamber and 18"-long barrel since you don't need as much range and the smaller pressure-chamber will allow for a more rapid rate-of-fire.

I'd also recommend using my V-7 Snake-Eye shell design, ideally with the tennis-can body.
I asked my local fitness center for their empty tennis-cans and they gave me several big boxes of them for free.

Loading multiple shells into the barrel would allow for more effective bombardments, as it results in a cluster of balloons raining down on their targets.

Pneumatic launchers are much more intimidating, require fewer people to operate and can launch many balloons at once, but their rate-of-fire is less than that of sling-launchers.
Last edited by WaterWolf on Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain-Canis: Founder of the Maple-Mountain-Marines.
Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

Killer 7

Post by Killer 7 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:01 am

I would use a WBL, but after asking my parents, they said they don't want me taking my WBL with me to school.
For a shield I was thinking of cutting up some cardboard, and then duct taping a garbage bag over it. But I don't know how well it will work.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:02 am

Are you allowed to drag hoses up the hill?

Killer 7

Post by Killer 7 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:40 am

I suppose so, but I don't Know how practical that would be. There is only one spigot anywhere close enough, and we will need it for refills.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:49 am

Put one of those gun attachments on the front, the long range ones for watering gardens, most likely nothing they have will stand up to it, so it should work well. The advantage you'll have is not having to pump and being able to lay down tons of suppressive fire. What you'll do is scare them away so others can advance.