using a dekoy

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
waterwarman

using a dekoy

Post by waterwarman » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:58 am

hey its waterwarman but if u want to destroy a little mini water pistol in the inside is it ok to put it back together and using it as a dekoy is that a good idea

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:19 am

I don't think it's a good idea. Just get a CPS2K and scare 'em off! And I don't think this is in the right section. It should be in the General section.
Soak On!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:08 pm

This happened to my squirt pistol when I tried making it's nozzle slightly larger. (it was dinkier than most squirt nozzles) Then it simply sputtered when I shot it. (so I jacked up it's nozzle again just for fun, and it doesn't shoot anymore) There were other problems with it as well, it's all cracked up and has a funny-looking pad of gorrilla glue on it, and seems to trap water in it's internals now.

Really, I wouldn't recommend it. Just leave crappier soakers on the ground and see if people pick them up to dual wield, etc. Or use them yourself if you run out of water or something...

By the way, you might want to add standard punctuation and capitalization to your posts since these forums aren't chat rooms, and it makes things more formal and easier to read. (personally, I don't find it too big of a deal, but it's still a good habit for general forum posting and the mods/admins prefer it too)

In case I or anyone forgot to say, welcome to the forums.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:00 am

hey waterwarman welcome to ssc this is a great forum but i have a problem you see reading this is pretty hard i would really prefer if you use some punctuation at least because this stuff gives me a headache reading and i probably wont reply to it do you know what i mean yeah this can be pretty annoying and hard to read

While typing like that might be easy for you, it makes reading a lot harder for us who are trying to help you. I hope after this example you can understand that forums are not chat simply because people say a lot more at a forum.

Have a good time here at SSC. :)

cobralex297

interesting

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:40 pm

That's an interesting idea C-A_99. I think I might try that sometime, as I have an excess of Storm pistols, both functioning and nonfunctioning, that I could lay out in convenient places for my enemies to be burdened by. Will advise upon viewing of results.
Armory:CPS1200,1500,2000,2100,2500,
2700,3000,SplashZooka,XP105,150,20,
215,220,240,270,75,90,ss30,60,XTC,
SC600,BigTrouble,PowerPak,TripleCharge

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:27 pm

^Be careful though, just don't let them take working, filled up storms, as that would be very convinient. (not having to carry a sidearm, but having it ready in the middle of the field) Most people would probably avoid them anyways, prefering their larger gun. Try to find any advantages like this whenever possible, and let them run out of water before they have to go back.

Now a good decoy would be a non-working cannon, or maybe you could even create a fake homemade, perhaps with a pressure gauge on full. However, I think the efforts towards creating such a homemade would be better spent towards creating a real homemade. (say you have a water balloon launcher, they may just take it and leave the bike pump and/or sabots behind, rendering it useless)