Pool War

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
envyev118

Pool War

Post by envyev118 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:27 pm

Has anybody here ever had a water war in a pool? i mean it sounds cool cause theres infinite ammo and stuff but whats the point if in a pool you are already wet? i guess the gun does shoot with more power than if you were to just splash around tho.
A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
---Benjamin Franklin

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:41 pm

I used to have pool wars when I was young and stupid... The chlorine in pools is very bad for guns. as soon as I found that out I stopped.

The wars themself were kinda fun, but not nearle as fun as a war on the ground, IMO.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:44 pm

Pool wars are pointless unless you have quite a large sized pool. And even then, the only blasters you can use are "pool pumpers", which are bare-bones piston-based soakers that you dip the nozzle into the pool and fill it like a syringe, and shoot it by pushing the two parts of the soaker back together. Every other kind of water gun will get damaged and eventually become broken over time if used in the pool. If I were you, I'd stick to splashing :cool:
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:40 pm

A war around a pool might work better, and, chlorine issue aside (I believe it's not a problem for non-CPS guns, but I'm not sure how chlorine reacts with various metals used in the gun), it'd allow for a quicker method of refilling, plus you can push people in. As for wars inside pools, it seems to be kind of pointless, as hits aren't much when you have goggles on and/or are already wet.

fanofbond

Post by fanofbond » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:35 pm

pool wars are fun
as far as chlorine goes i have no worries
my pool uses a new system that replaces chlorine so no worries
but its fun because well its just fun

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:51 pm

It doesn't matter if your pool changes chlorine...pool water is always going to hurt the internals of your soaker. Salt water (which is what my pool uses) will also damage soaker internals because of the salt. I'm not saying don't, just be warned that eventually your gun probably won't work if used in the pool too much :cool:

fanofbond

Post by fanofbond » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:07 am

this system is called revacil
its susposed to be better so if this would still hurt please let me know

envyev118

Post by envyev118 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:16 pm

I don't know anything about revacil but probably if you are not in the pool for a long period of time, and if afterward you rinse it out with tap water, etc., it would be fine. also this is a question to the other people on this thread who know their stuff: would it be fine if I rinsed it out with tap water afterward?
A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
---Benjamin Franklin

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:57 pm

Rinsing out with water sounds like it would work, as long as the pool fight isn't too long (i'd suggest up to an hour and a half to two hours) and the blasters aren't left in the pool afterwards. If you take them out immediately and rinse them with tap water like you mentioned, they would probably work fine afterwards.