Water Balloon Wars

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Otrain

Water Balloon Wars

Post by Otrain » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:20 pm

Is it possible to have water war with just water balloons cause that's all we have. Were planning on playing capture the flag. If you have any ideas of how we should have it, then let me know. Thanks.
Ballin`

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:05 pm

Of course it is possible. My first 7 years of water wars were mainly fought with water balloons, and the first 5 were only with water balloons. Just make sure you have enough to cover the amount of time you want to fight for.

CTF with balloons is usually one hit kills, and a killed player either is out for the rest of the round or returns to their side or base to respawn. Variations include waiting for a set amount of time [like 1 minute] at the spot where you were hit before respawning, respawning instantly but having to return to your side before being considered in play, going to a jail when hit and being freed by a teammate's tag, etc. There are many, many options.

Good luck! :cool:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

mutuhaha

Post by mutuhaha » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:58 am

Sure, its very possible. Until recently, our large wars have had water balloons as the standard armament. Depending on how large your group is, estimate and allocate the needed amount of balloons. For one of our 1.5 hour long 180-man wars, we used 10000 water balloons. I doubt you'll need so many though, a 1 hour game with 10 players should take no more than 500 balloons as a generous estimate.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:46 pm

Personally, I'd prefer not having to fill up so many balloons and have found it easier to work with blasters, but it's up to you; what you want to do with what you have, etc.

Otrain

thanks.

Post by Otrain » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:45 am

i just thought it would be hard goin back and forth to get balloons.
Ballin`

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:42 pm

I don't usually use water balloons. I am afraid that I will miss, and then I will be unarmed. But that's just me. In fact, I think someone should make up special rules for water balloon wars. :cool:
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:48 pm

If time is an issue, you could distribute balloons in buckets/cans/other containers, say 5-30 in each depending on size. That arrangement would de-centralize the supply and save more time for fighting.

Special rules for general use won't work. Homegrown rules usually only work locally, and most people do not follow rules designed for broad use in the first place. It would be interesting to see someone post their water balloon-only rules, but don't expect them to be an end-all standard.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!