setting a battlefield

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Tactical Theory 101

setting a battlefield

Post by Tactical Theory 101 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:55 pm

Where would be a good place to set a battlefield? what could I do to make it more realistic. and what obstacle could I put in the battlefield. :confused:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:03 pm

Finding an area with sufficient natural cover is typically what I look for. Sure, you could set up barricades and/or use shields, but picking a good battlefield in the first place is better0, not having to have to set up that stuff for sufficient cover.

If you have a neighbor nearby who also happens to be a friend or what not, see if you can set up a 2-base system there. A park with decent cover should also work well.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:19 pm

Really depends on what you want. Do you want a natural area with trees and bushes? Do you want a neighborhood with cars, fences, and houses? Selection of an area should always be where you'd have the most fun fighting. You also might want to limit the size to match the amount of players. You don't want to have a 2v2 in a two mile long battlefield, a 20v20 in a small backyard, etc.

You also want to make sure your battlefield has what you want and doesn't have what you don't want. If you want hose access, man-made cover, etc., you'll want yards or neighborhoods. If you want natural cover and no hoses, you'd want a park with at least one stream or lake. However, it is all up to you; you probably know what you want better than we do.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!