Reviving the Regional War

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 19, 2006 1:26 am

Everyone should post which days they can not attend this summer. I'll be looking at my schedule to see. Hopefully we'll work out a date and get everything working.

As for CAP, start a thread if you'd like to. I've started to build my own a few weeks ago and should be able to answer any questions once complete.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 28, 2006 3:34 am

Nibordude and I have been thinking mid-late August. We should make a date now and stick to it. I have been drafting a rules set on ISCF and can write directions from any location in the US or Canada to our local battlefields. Of course, you could do that yourself, although you would be at a loss once you get to the town and begin looking for the parks we use. :p

We are going to use 2-5 battlefields, at least 2 for sure. There will be a Tech Exhibition for showing off your mods/creations [bring your water balloon launcher for a contest!], cameras for filming the event, and we will try several different game types. The Rules Set I am making will be the official rules if Nibordude and Belisaurius approve them. They follow the 1HK honor system tradition, with all the things you would expect of us. One important thing to note is that according to an existing rule, if it is not raining at the designated start time, a war remains on no matter what. If it were to suddenly pour rain like last weekend's war, we would continue the event. Plus, there are no hoses or other man-made water sources around, so forget the QFD-only guns. The 45 degree rule will be in effect for water balloon launchers. Water cannons/launchers have not made their debut yet and therefore have no firing angle rule. One last word of warning: if you don't like pond/stream water, better bring your own. "Clean water only" provisions have no place here. We may cache clean water if you must have it, though.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 28, 2006 2:30 pm

Are there any electrical outlets nearby? I might be bringing water guns in need of an air compressor once and a while. At worst I'll have a UPS in the car, but an electrical outlet would help.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 28, 2006 2:48 pm

None of the parks have electricity available, or at least to my knowledge. Two of them are classified as "wildscape" areas, with no man-made facilities. There is a school nearby one of the fields which might have an external outlet.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:44 pm

Is the Northeastern Regional Water War to be held on July 30-31? I just noticed a broken picture at the bottom of the Soaker Media v1 index page, citing this date--maybe it was decided upon at another forum. This is just to let people who are actually going, since I'm not going to be able to make it...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:39 am

That was last year's date. No date has been decided upon for this year's war yet. ;)

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:50 am

I had basically ignored this topic - I know I can't attend, so there seemed to be little point.

However, I regret it.

I will comment on those pictures that you linked to:

Sorry if this makes you in any way envious: Within a short distance in almost every direction, my area is like that.

It's best to the East:

There is nothing in that direction but a huge "National Trust" forest, which is hundreds and hundreds of acres of streams, hills, ditches, trees/tree stumps/fallen trees, bridges over dried out ponds, large clearings, massive plains, huts, etc. The only thing I don't remember it having is a vast lake.

It's also excellent mountain biking terrain.

I would upload an aerial photo, but my hosting has gone AWOL.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston