What are the gadgets you use on the battlefield

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:42 pm

Wow, I didn't know they were so pricey. $95 USD. I don't ski or snowboard, so I didn't know that. I would just get motocross goggles then. Those are $35-ish USD. Check it out. I would probably get the coal one, but I'm broke.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:07 pm

Crashdummy wrote:Wow, I didn't know they were so pricey. $95 USD.

If you're talking about ski goggles, they're don't have to be anywhere near that price. For instance: "Jet Ski Goggles" - £16.95 + postage. And I'm doubtful whether mine cost that much either.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Huh, I was looking at snow goggles, but I bet those work even better. They are made to be in water. :p
Last edited by Crashdummy on Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:05 pm

Crashdummy wrote:Huh, I was looking at snow goggles, but I bet those work even better. They are made to be in water. :p
My mistake...still, ski goggles are not that much more expensive.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:33 am

Lol, I just clicked on a random site. Apparently they sell some really high quality stuff then. XD

cosineandcamber

Post by cosineandcamber » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:55 am

you could use binoculars a "spy gadget" especially for instances where you must watch the opponents movements closely. Someone else already said it but a cell phone or a two-way radio is always good for coordinating attacks. Also a two way radio is useful for listening in on opponents conversations if you know the channel that they are using.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:44 pm

I know the post is aging, but I bought a full face visor today.

I decided that it needs to deal with weapon malfunctions (launcher ricochets and faulty parts) as well, so I invested a reasonable amount into it.

I don't care whether it's excesssive - I think it's what I need.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:19 pm

I guess a face mask is okay because, especially with CPS weapons, you should not be shooting others in the face. However, in other circumstances (with less common sense and safety), this would probably be unfair--even though that's kind of what this thread is about.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:28 pm

I would think it would add to your intimidation as well!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:32 pm

I suppose it would intimidate people - if you look the part, then it could be worrying.

Of course, I've had people soak me because of my gender... so I imagine any reason to reduce their likelyhood to do so won't be bad.

And it dissuades poor play.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:34 pm

Yes, it would dissuade poor play, but only as long as the person/people using the mask/masks are responsible. This should not be used to take advantage of others.

I trust my soakers to all the intimidation for me :D .

WaTer FigHt NoOb

Post by WaTer FigHt NoOb » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:32 am

Just stick with small plastic glasses like the ones used in wood shop classes at most schools. Light, simple, and effective.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:24 am

How would it be "unfair?" Shots to the head don't count in most water wars, in fact, our local rules subtract a point/other penalties for head shots.

As for intimidation...the Douchenators do that nicely for us. :rolleyes:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:26 pm

Well, you can't say that water never gets in your eyes, even by accident. With the power of some soakers out there, especially on riot/fan blast and similar shots, water could annoy you by getting in your face. No, I didn't mean that people would be aiming for headshots...

DX

Post by DX » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:54 pm

Water doesn't get in my eyes, I wear glasses. :p Even if your head does get wet enough that it temporarily interferes with clear vision, that's just part of the game. You can't expect to have perfect conditions on a perfect battlefield with no flaws in terrain, weather, etc. Especially in the upper echelons. We can't always have prefectly clean water, a perfect warm, sunny day, a perfectly safe, dry ground, etc. That doesn't exist in real war, and it doesn't exist in the top tiers. We often have to fill from any source reachable, fight hard on a cool, cloudy day, run on wet soil, suffer the natural elements like any army must. If we have to fight in sub-ideal conditions, then we will do it. That's what builds character, endurance, toughness, discipline, and adds experience as well.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!