The booby trap thread

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
guerrilla91

Post by guerrilla91 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm

It basically is a douchenator with a modified sprinkler valve underground. You do make a good point about the burying part. Though I have tried to make it as compact as possible, It would still take quite a hole to bury it. I'm going to build it, but i think instead what I will do is hide it on its side maybe in some shrubs, and lay its trigger pad out a couple feet away. It would then shoot out at them, and they would be completely soaked.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:37 pm

Not the Douche - the water launcher. The water launcher is roughly what you described, just yours has an electric valve instead.

I can see a few problems

1: It's best to hit the torso - this will require you to fire up - lying on the ground won't really do more than get their feet wet which is more dangerous than anything.
2: It probably won't hide very well.
3: One use - may only affect one person which isn't really worth the bother.
4: The trigger pad - how is this going to look?
5: The problem with almost all mines: Little use in an urban enviroment, as they will probably be visible.

Not that I'm saying you shouldn't try, you just need to think it through

Possible Solutions:
1: Have a 45 degree piece in the build to direct the nozzle up.
2: Get some scrim (possible mispell - the spell check is little use here) netting or some guile and use that.
3: This is hard to deal with. Although the build may be good for several uses - the enemy will wise up to it.
4: As for 2 - decent camoflage.
5: Hard to deal with. You might find an appropriate spot though, but consider it might not be of use.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Big Boss

Post by Big Boss » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:04 pm

I'm still looking at ways to use that water-filled bicycle innertube as a trap. It's quite slinky and can be hidden easily, so I'm sure there's some way to make a trap out of it.

As of right now, I'm working on securing it above a door and setting it up to squirt whoever opens it.

Also, this may not be self-contained, which is what a boobytrap is supposed to do, but rememeber that there are innumerable things one can do with a garden hose if you're not using it for refilling.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:41 pm

Booby traps which aren't self contained can be disabled.

Turn off the tap - problem solved.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:16 am

[QUOTE=WaTer FigHt NoOb]

Who increases caution at a homemade booby trap.

I would because I'd doubt there would just be one the're mostly used in A mine field
-

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:25 am

joannaardway, the 45 degree piece is a good idea (and one I hadn't thought of), but for a different reason than what you had said; guerrilla91 had said that the trap would be pointing up anyway, but a 45 degree angle would allow for a horizontal (low-profile) setup and probably get better coverage, although the trigger would have to be farther away.

However, if you're building a water cannon, then you might as well put it in somebody's (an ambusher's, maybe) hands. Far more effective, you won't lose the device, can be reused, flexible plan, you name it...

EDIT: Oh, wait, should I be downplaying booby traps themselves in "The booby trap thread?"

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:07 am

Perhaps we should consider electronically latching booby traps.

With a key or something so that once triggered, the valve can't be shut again (without the key at least), so it is impossible for the enemy to recharge it and use it aginst you.

WaTer FigHt NoOb

Post by WaTer FigHt NoOb » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:35 am

KYLE- yes, maybe there could be a mine field, and that would be a nice idea, but who for just a water war would go through the trouble of setting up a whole mine field where the mines are:

1- hard to build/refill
2- hard to conceal effectivelly
3- prone to breaking down
4- easily disabled unless they are self contained (hard to to, let alone make one)

Look at all the ways and ideas to build these traps... four chamber this... psi that... it goes on and on. Who would actually go through the trouble of building enough of these to create an effective mine field?

13lack-ace

Mines

Post by 13lack-ace » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:06 am

I am working on a land mine at the moment, its quite affective. When some one stands on it the trigger gets pushed down sending water flying every where. Tests so far have showen 10 meter sprays. One small problem it works on a 50/50 scale, this means that some times it will not activate & over times it will.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

''America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser, this is why America has never, and will never, lose a war.”

matthewbluewars

Re: The booby trap thread

Post by matthewbluewars » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:37 am

joannaardway wrote: Mines are designed to:
a) delay
b) guard other routes of attack
c) take out enemies
Here's an idea, I call it the NiteFrite:
Take 2 small pieces of wood and a hinge and connect them in a sideways "V", like this: /__. Then put a water balloon inside the wedge. /o_ Then cover it with moss or dirt.

This is meant to be used at night, where th crude camouflage works better. It should spook enemies, demoralizing them. To make REAL bad damage, fill the balloon with cornstarch and water (or as a friend suggested, Cheeze-Whiz and glue :D ).

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Not sure it's gonna be any better than just camouflaging a water bomb.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

matthewbluewars

Post by matthewbluewars » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Good point, but this keeps your waterballoon in place and makes sure that the balloon goes off even if they don't put much pressure.
You can also substitute the balloon with this contraption:
_____
VVVV

The top block of wood has bumps sticking out, POINTING TOWARDS THE BOTTOM BLOCK. On them are those powder caps for toy guns that make the bang sound. When stepped on, it scares the living S**T out of anyone who steps on it. (Put saran wrap under the camo to prevent the caps from making smoke or from getting wet). Also perfect for scaring off trick or treaters and mischief nighters.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Sounds interesting, but my concern is that there's nothing to accelerate the water up to splash the target. I've a feeling they'll just find a large spill. :/

The powder cap booby trap sounds more effective. You'd obviously want to make sure it's allowed if you're in a water gun fight, though.

Thanks for sharing! :cool:

matthewbluewars

Post by matthewbluewars » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:45 am

Or you use an air balloon. Anything that makes a loud POP that scares the living crap out of anyone.

Finnster

Post by Finnster » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:58 am

Hmm, I've been thinkin about this for a while, but I didn't know that people actually did this. I designed one a while back, and I just made a version on ms paint. I though that people may be interested in the simplicity of this design.

Finn
1x NIB xp-70, 1x xp-70, 2x SS50, 1x Riot Blast Flash Flood (mah boom stick), 1x HydroBlitz, 1x Helix,
1x SneakShot, 2x Cheap Piston Pumpers, 2x XP-215, several cheap squirt pistols