Water Wars: Do we take them too seriously?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
blaze

Post by blaze » Wed May 05, 2004 11:14 pm

I thought that this would be an interesting topic to bring up because it is often brought up when talking about soakers.

Do we take these soaker wars too seriously? I mean, the entire point of soakers is to have fun, get cooled off, then hang out with the buddies later. Not to be all bossy and tacticy.
People who fight in wars use tactics. Why? Because they do not want to get shot. They follow the tactics because they Don't want to die. The same goes for in paintball. It hurts to get shot, and therefore you use tactics so that you Don't get shot. With water does it hurt to get shot? No. Actually, it's fun to get shot. It's cool and refreshing. And if you're a girl, its cool and refreshing for the guys. Is it refreshing to get hit by a bullet? The blood might cool you off but thats the closest you'll get.
It is completely nerdy to go around and yell "Left flank I need Heavy Artilery Support!". It's a lot more fun for everyone to go around and shoot whoever the Hasbro HQ they want and just have a good time with their friends.
No offense to you guys, but you tactic-obsessed people need to think things over. Why are you using tactics? Is it because you're afraid of getting wet? Is it because you Don't want to get cool on a hot summer day? Or maybe because you think you can be cooler if you sneak around like little naked mole rats? Its completely your decision if you want to be nerds or not. I just hope that this will help you decide.

People FOR me stand out and say something. People AGAINST me get your frail bodies off the computers and speak out. Say something...the controversy is awesome.

--blaze

PS: Austin we arent practicing or using tactics. Your weak little tactical team will get your butts kicked by our power hogging normal people.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed May 05, 2004 11:23 pm

I like both, but non-military soakfests are what I most often do. I really want a military-style war, but that is unlikely to happen very often. So the soakfests (about 3 people in total) are labelled as training for my squad. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed May 05, 2004 11:25 pm

did u even read what I wrote... <_<
*COUGHnerdCOUGH*

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed May 05, 2004 11:30 pm

Originally posted by blaze@May 6 2004, 12:25 AM
did u even read what I wrote... <_<
*COUGHnerdCOUGH*
Yes, I did. My comments indicate that I do not think that I take them too seriously, since I do enjoy both types of fight. Next time, if you haven't understood a reply, write one more politely.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed May 05, 2004 11:40 pm

You said indicate...eww. Well, my topic INDICATES that people who INDICATE tactics are INDICATED as nerds.
*coughcough* nerd. <_< <_< <_<

why the XPBackfire-esque would ANYONE care about "tactics"?! Its retarded.

uman

Post by uman » Wed May 05, 2004 11:44 pm

Most people on this site are nerds

Myself included
я люблю воду!

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed May 05, 2004 11:46 pm

haha. well at least you admit it. u can be the "cool nerd: accepeted but rejected". Hey, that's funny..

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed May 05, 2004 11:56 pm

I agree with Blaze, a water war in my opinion is just running around shooting other people with a water gun. Using tactics does seem cool though but when I go into a water fight, I really do forget about tactics. I still use reviews and stats of water guns, but not tactics.

EDIT-content
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu May 06, 2004 12:02 am

Blaze, I find this topic very inappropriate. You obviously created it with the intent to create a controversy, and that is not why SSCentral is here. Your highly biased opinion you practically are forcing onto people with stuff like "Cool vs. Nerdy, Fun vs. Boring". You also are calling people names, if anything you are a nerd for getting this into the subject.

Your may also be trying to make BlueSmudge think that he can't win against you with tactics alone by making people agree with you.

Some like tactics, some don't. I only play with basic tactics, that's all I need.

Topic locked.