Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water gun technology > Repairs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Shrike

UserID: 2475
Default xp 70, water squirting from pump

the other day i got a xp 70 from my friend because he said it was broken. he wanted to throw it away but i told him to give it to me so i could try to fix it.
i managed to repair some cracks in the tubing and tiny holes in the pressure chamber. the only thing left is the water squirting from the pump. i read the guide on how to fix it when water is leaking from the pump but it only tells you what to do when you have an o-ring and the xp 70 has some kind of weird rubber tube thingy at the end of the pump.
i hope you can help me because i really want to add that gun to my armory (my friend doesnt want it anymore even if i get it to work again )

Last edited by Shrike : 06-10-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Shrike

Default Re: xp 70, water squirting fromf pump

Hi again,
i took a picture of the rubber thingy that wont seal. i really hope you can help me with that.
http://www.pictureupload.de/original...5_CIMG1793.jpg

shrike
Old 06-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
wetmonkey442
Retired Moderator

UserID: 47

Hello,

Many super soakers feature the "elongated gasket" in your picture. It is a little more difficult to repair these, because there is no easy in-store replacement.

You have two options: You can create a new pump, entirely from scratch, using an o-ring to seal. Or, you can try to retrofit the original pump with an o-ring, removing the original rubber seal first.

Soak On
Old 06-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
Shrike

hey,

thanks for the advice, i managed to fix it!

I took off one half of that "elongated gasket" so i had some room for an o-ring. i took one from my broken xp 220. it fits perfectly
here's a picture so people who encounter the same problem can see what i did.

i accidently ripped one of the gaskets

Shrike