Your Ideal Combat Armament (Scenario)

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
marauder_4

Your Ideal Combat Armament (Scenario)

Post by marauder_4 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:34 am

Alright, you have been invited to a massive team based all day war at the park. Teams will be created out of those who show up. Battles will be 1 hit elimination capture the flag. Terrain is mixed between open lawns, forests, gardens, and small buildings. Each base will have 2 hoses, a few buckets, and a QFD.

You are allowed to bring as many guns and as much equipment as you like, with the only requirement being that it cannot exceed what you can carry all at once.

What do you arm yourself with?

-G-JiV-

Re: Your Ideal Combat Armament (Scenario)

Post by -G-JiV- » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:09 pm

CPS 2000 is a great choice, I would also recommend using a CPS 2500 if you have one.

Also very useful would be a CPS 3000 or a CPS 1500. I would not choose a Monster XL, or other heavy Soaker since you will have to run much and you should be fast too^^

As backup, I would recommend a Splashzooca. If not available you can use a CPS 1000, or if you want something lighter you can use a strong XP or XXP (XP 310, Max-D secret strike, 6 k or the XXP 175) or a liquidator :)

Also a FlashFlood/ Artic Blast is a VERY GOOD choice for backup BUT ALSO as Primary weapon too! When one hit-kills the Flashflood burst is VERY GOOD, since it covers a great area while it is quite light and easy to carry.
Also the Hydroblitz could be very useful with its 6 bursts :)

If you are really FAST you can also just USE A WW PULSE MASTER or something like that :)

hope that helps :D
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:30 pm

CPS 2000, with a MD6k as backup. Light but strong.
EDIT: Forgot to mention that my 6k is modded with a nozzle drill to ~4x, and a strap to make it easier to duel wield.
Last edited by soakernerd on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:53 pm

-G-JiV- wrote:CPS 2000 is a great choice, I would also recommend using a CPS 2500 if you have one.

Also very useful would be a CPS 3000 or a CPS 1500. I would not choose a Monster XL, or other heavy Soaker since you will have to run much and you should be fast too^^

As backup, I would recommend a Splashzooca. If not available you can use a CPS 1000, or if you want something lighter you can use a strong XP or XXP (XP 310, Max-D secret strike, 6 k or the XXP 175) or a liquidator :)

Also a FlashFlood/ Artic Blast is a VERY GOOD choice for backup BUT ALSO as Primary weapon too! When one hit-kills the Flashflood burst is VERY GOOD, since it covers a great area while it is quite light and easy to carry.
Also the Hydroblitz could be very useful with its 6 bursts :)

If you are really FAST you can also just USE A WW PULSE MASTER or something like that :)

hope that helps :D
Which of these would YOU use? I know what I'd choose... I'll tell in a day or 2 once I see a few more responses.

Would you bring any additional equipment? Certain gear or clothes?

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:51 pm

I would use my power-modded CPS 1500( 4 nozzles, metal pump-rod, k-modded,...) and a Splashzooka with a strap added :D

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:05 pm

-G-JiV- wrote:I would use my power-modded CPS 1500( 4 nozzles, metal pump-rod, k-modded,...) and a Splashzooka with a strap added :D
Take a picture of that power modded 1500 for us.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:29 pm

You can see it in the modification thread, some months ago I made a thread of it

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:11 pm

CPS 10k, with 2L speedloading bottle for the primary, and a douchenator (compact style) with a bike pump attatched.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:44 am

Speed is my goal. The enemy may throw the big guns at me, but once I have the flag, they'll be eating my dust. I'll use an Arctic Blast or Flash Flood, modified along the lines of what Ben did here: http://forums.sscentral.org/t4743/ , perhaps a slightly smaller PC expansion to keep the blaster compact, and also reroute the main trigger to operate the flood nozzle.

Alternatively, I might try the Power Pak. More power and water, with it all being on my back and only a light blaster portion for my hands to carry. I'd probably modify the backpack for comfort and stability, so it's a minimal encumberance when running.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:44 pm

I can't go faster with a FF than I can with a 12k, so I stick with the 12k lol. If the field involves a lot of running, then that'll be a different case.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:59 pm

For me the CPS 10k provides a great balance of weight and speed, so I'd either pick that or my new favorite, the helix. (Yea, its underpowered, but the spread is AMAZING)
Quack damn you.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:03 pm

zeda.beta wrote:the helix. (Yea, its underpowered, but the spread is AMAZING)
Yes, it is underpowered and it is a piston blaster. The nozzle is something funny but that is it, nothing more to say. I would not consider this as AMAZING....But if you love it, nice thing for you :)

I do prefer big and strong CPS guns :p

Would make the Helix much great if someone could add a small motor making the gun firing continously :)

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:33 pm

The gun isn't "AMAZING" as i said, but the spread of it firing is. It can make sure that you don't miss, even if you are blinded by (insert reason here)
Quack damn you.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:57 pm

There's other blasters with spread though, like the Monster X, or the CPS 3000. And there's the simple approach of waving any blaster a bit while firing - though that works better with blasters with long shot time, ie not CPSes.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:01 pm

I just found something to replace the helix, surprisingly. I turned the fan nozzle on my vanquisher into a cross sort of design. It gives me a great spread with great shot time, and so the helix is destined to become a loaner.
Quack damn you.