Douchenator Hurt?

General water gun discussion.
swirlycurly

Douchenator Hurt?

Post by swirlycurly » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:22 pm

I have never tried to hit someone with a water balloon with my douchenator before and i was wondering if it would hurt like hell. If it was bombed onto somebody from like 100 yards away i would think that even though it is a balloon it would hit like a rock. I am scared to try shooting somebody so could someone tell me what it feels like to get hit with it. Im not being a pussy i just dont want to knock out a friends teeth.

SSCBen

Re: Douchenator Hurt?

Post by SSCBen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:26 am

From what I know they can hurt quite a bit. From a distance they'll hurt less but they can still pack a punch. Balloons launched from a catapult can hurt, but not enough to cause a bruise. I know that first hand. Someone else could probably provide a better response about what a WBL hit feels like.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:49 am

It doesn't hurt nearly as much if the balloon pops. When we tested the first Douchenator for the first time, I tied the balloons too high. The shots from about 50ft away did not pop. It feels kinda like being slapped. Now that was at low pressure [less than 40 PSI], at high pressure your balloons will pop no matter how they are made (giggle). Shooting level like a bazooka within 100ft is not a good idea [beyond 100ft should be fine as long as you're not head hunting]. Shooting angled like a mortar is pretty much safe for any distance.

When you make your decision, do consider that Waterbridge and the Ridgewood Militia, some of the more hardcore teams of our day, banned level launcher shots altogether.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Specter

Post by Specter » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:50 am

If you use normal waterballoons and not regular balloons filled with water they shouldn't hurt because the latex in water balloons is much thinner and break almost instantly with contact on some rough surface (such as clothing)
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Kano

Post by Kano » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:08 am

DX wrote:When you make your decision, do consider that Waterbridge and the Ridgewood Militia, some of the more hardcore teams of our day, banned level launcher shots altogether.
To what extent do you use them in a normal round (i.e. intimidation/hinderance or actually targeting for elimination)?

I am considering whether it would be worthwhile to build a WBL for tactical purposes--especially sniping. What with a site I found a year back (quite likely still exists) descibing WBLs as excellent sniper weapons, and the above comment about a launched water balloon that doesn't burst "feeling like a slap," I'm feeling quite bewildered.

I think I would enjoy getting hit by a WBL even if it stung like fire, just for the joy of feeling the power and seeing it in action, but I am afraid those I fight with would have different feelings about being clobbered with a water balloon from a WBL.
Last edited by Kano on Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armory: Mark 4 CPS 1200, CPS Splashzooka w/ broken QFD, Mark 2 WW Orca, Unknown Mark WW Lightning with White and Purple Color Scheme, WW Cricket (2x), WW Hornet (4x)

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:10 pm

You're probably thinking of AquaLabs. It's an old site but it has a lot of information about water balloon launchers.

How much does balloon size affect the pain? Obviously size affects the burst frequency, unless you change where you tie the knot.