Expanding My Armory

General water gun discussion.
Phantom

Post by Phantom » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:00 am

Right now, all I have is 2 CPS 2100's and an XP 105. The XP is pretty lame, and we hardly ever use it. My friend, who I frequently battle with (we fight together, he loans me his guns sometimes) has a Monster, Splashzooka, 2 Shield Blasters (surprisingly effective in OHK matches with few people) and some other smaller weapons.

I am considering going to Toys R Us to try to get a CPS 4100 or another CPS 2100 to try and mod. I have heard that they are easy to mod, and they are fairly cheap to. What type of guns should I get to complement my friends arsenal? Also, I am thinking about trying to get sidearms for my CPS 2100. I looked at isoaker's page on combinations, and the CPS 2100 isn't included anywere. Any suggestions are helpful! Thanks.

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:21 am

You definetly need some backup weapons in there. The Xp 105 will do pretty good for one person, but other backups that you can buy now and are great are Max-D 2000s, which are very cheap. Max-Ds, from 2000-5000 and Secret Strike (the 6000 is too big) are the best backups around, I think. Very small weapons, but they have AMAZING range for their size. My Max-D 2000s, the smallest Max-Ds, shot about 35 feet! For a weapon that small, that is incredible. And people say Storm pistols have range...psh. Max-D Secret Strikes, though I do not own one, are great weapons too. They have an added Fan Burst Secret Strike attack for when you need it. You never know when you need a fan burst.

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:35 am

Originally posted by blaze@Jul 5 2004, 07:21 PM
You definetly need some backup weapons in there. The Xp 105 will do pretty good for one person, but other backups that you can buy now and are great are Max-D 2000s, which are very cheap. Max-Ds, from 2000-5000 and Secret Strike (the 6000 is too big) are the best backups around, I think. Very small weapons, but they have AMAZING range for their size. My Max-D 2000s, the smallest Max-Ds, shot about 35 feet! For a weapon that small, that is incredible. And people say Storm pistols have range...psh. Max-D Secret Strikes, though I do not own one, are great weapons too. They have an added Fan Burst Secret Strike attack for when you need it. You never know when you need a fan burst.
Tisk, Tisk, Tisk. Blaze, the 5000 is only slightly smaller than the 6000, idioto. Also, the Secret strike is too big. I would suggest MD2000s, 3000s, and 4000s for backups. However, if you have a rather large hand, the 2000 might be best, as it has no bottom, allowing a larger hand in, while the 3000 and 4000 have a small bar on the bottom of the trigger, limiting ones hand.
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:47 am

Secret Strikes are small weapons, Hyper. Not as perfectly small as a 2000, but still, a great size for its power. Don't ever call me an idiot again. Also, the 5000 is a really small gun, and isn't only a little smaller than the MD6000. The 5000 is about as big as the Secret Strike, and like I said before, those are small.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:50 pm

I use for back-up a WaterWarriors Hornet or Max D 3000, the Hornet has great range (35 feet&#33 ;) and good power, it also has a open bottom for large hands and it also has a tracked pump!

EDIT: My TRU didn't have any SuperSoakers, all they had were the "Wacky Soaker Sprinkler Ball" and A.R.M 4000 XL.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:04 pm

Blaze, do you even own a Max-D Secret Strike? They are pretty dang big for a backup. My friend's little bro uses it as a main weapon. Same with a Max-D 5k
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:39 pm

I am probably going to buy a Max-D Secret Strike twin pack pretty soon, and I have seen them (in real life). Same with the Max-D 5000 (but I'm not going to buy it). The Secret Strike is easy to hold in one hand, and in my opinion that is the key factor for backups, along with range. Bigger guns can be held in one hand, but it is not easy to manuveaur when you get into things like higher Xp and Cps guns. Max-D guns are the best option for backups because of their kick butt range. Secret Strikes, along with Max-D 5000s are easy to hold in one hand. If you want something pocket sized, then the Max-D 2000 is the way to go. But if you want something with a bit more punch (and for the SS, a fan burst :D ) then the Secret Strike or 5000 is the better choice.

The Hornet has the same size, design, and price of the Max-D 2000 (BuzzBee's been stealing Super Soakers plans... :P ), and is also a good choice for a backup. Both guns are readily avaliable in twin packs (whats with these companies selling everything in friggin' twin packs?).

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:09 pm

Again, a backup weapon should be able to at least match the power and range of your main gun. Many people don't understand this concept. Your backup needs to be able to cover you if you are in a jam or need to refill your main gun.
If it is not powerful enough, you are a goner. I personally think the best backup would be a 21000, enough range and power to keep your enemies at bay, light as a feather too. [Good as a main gun as well.] BTW my old Max-D 2000 could not shoot 35 ft.
The Secret Strike is easy to hold in one hand, and in my opinion that is the key factor for backups, along with range. Bigger guns can be held in one hand, but it is not easy to manuveaur when you get into things like higher Xp and Cps guns.
My CPS 2500 is easy to hold in one hand, and I can run with it, so that is not much of a factor. Based on the fact that it is my main weapon, almost any backup is light enough. Bigger guns are not hard to manuever with, you just have to get used to the weight.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:59 pm

I never said it was hard to maneuver, Dux, I was saying it's harder. Also, picture this. A scout. He could either be a. running around with two "easy to maneuver" Cps 2500s, or he could be running around with a Max-D 5000. What would be easier for our little imaginary scouting friend? The Max-D 5000. I Don't know anyone who uses guns as big as a Cps 2500 as a backup. You will have much more trouble running with two Cps 2500s than with a Cps 2500 and a Max-D 5000. A backup is used as a last resort weapon, not as a secondary weapon. A secondary weapon is, well, a backup primary. The backup is the I'm-running-away-but-I-might-as-well-get-a-shot-in gun. And like I've said a trillion times, Max-Ds are perfect for that since they have the best range for a compact air pressure gun (excluding an air pressure homemade).

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:03 pm

I wouldn't use the 2500 as a backup, when I'm using it as a primary I don't really need a backup. I would never do "double deus" either-it would waste precious time pumping both of them. My point was that your backup should be able to cover you in that D.E.A.R. moment [drop everything and run]. If your backup is weaker than everyone elses main guns, then you are toast. [That sentence is a good example of how to use "than" and "then".] ;) A "secondary weapon" is not your main gun, so therefore it is technically a backup. A last resort gun should be one that you use when your line has been broken, your base overriden, etc. Anything would work for that role, really ANY GUN.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 pm

I usually use my 2100 as my secondary and my 15000 as my primary. The 2100 is a great gun. On the matter of the secret strike: That is another good sidearm. It is pretty small. I could easily hold it in one hand. I mean, heck it seems to be a third smaller than a 6000.

[at]Hyper: Blaze was just explainign his own opinion. Calling him an idiot wasn't really neccesary IMO.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

ryaxnb

Post by ryaxnb » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:58 pm

Max-Ds. They are nice ^_^.
Then a CPS 4100.
A SC Big Trouble if you can pick one up
Then CPS 2100s,