Sprinkler Gun

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
mr. dude

Sprinkler Gun

Post by mr. dude » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:15 pm

I don't think I saw a similar idea while cruising through the forum, so I thought I'd post it. Anyway, my idea is to get a hose attachment (sprinkler, QFD, etc.) and shove it onto a homemade. Sounds simple enough, right? This design requires massive Pc's (4L+) so that the sprinkler keeps sprinkling for a while. Sure it's unwieldy, but I never said anything about carrying it.
CPS is probably the way to go with this idea, because air pressure, as we all know, will drop after a while.
The basic idea of the gun is to turn it on as a trap, or a barrier, to prevent people from getting to a key region on the battlefield if hoses are unavailable.
A basic idea of what I mean:
I'm not too experienced with homemades or LRT, so please correct any faults you see with this design.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:28 pm

Hmm...it's a creative idea, but I don't think it will be incredibly effective.
1) You'll be pumping forever.
2) It will have a very visible profile, with several huge strips of LRT sticking straight up.
3) You will have to go to the trap and turn the ball valve to turn it on, so everybody would see the streams before they got wet, and the bladders would be emptied long before any enemies arrived.
4) Especially with the reservoir (not necessary for effectiveness), it would be hard to move this thing into position.
And now, why you should just use a hose extension to route water to a sprinkler instead.
1) Unlimited water supply.
2) If you have a multiple-way fitting for the hose, you can turn your various sprinklers in different places on and off from far away.
3) Easy to move.
4) Not as obvious.
5) No pumping.
That just about wraps it up, I think...

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:39 pm

I won't argue with your statements, because they're all very true, but the reason I thought of this was because many people play away from hoses. So if some people use sprinklers in their wars, or if someone's favourite gun requires a QFD (either way they need a hose, or a substitute) this idea could help.
The only reason I put the reservoir in was so that it could be used multiple times.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:50 pm

Then you could try having one huge central water source that has taps and hose extensions to feed off to multiple sprinklers. You would need to attach several components on-site to make carrying it easier, and it would still be bulky, but it seems to be a decent solution.