my first gun is going to be a mod, need some guidance please!

General water gun discussion.
Fatalness

my first gun is going to be a mod, need some guidance please!

Post by Fatalness » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:48 am

Just lack of money is preventing me from buying parts for a APH.

However i have a lot of pieces and parts lying around because my dad fixes a lot of stuff and he has stuff from work he bring home from fixing refrigerators and AC units.
So this means plenty of teflon tape, glues, cements, epoxy, plastic tubing, hoses (he's got these cool wire mesh reinforced hoses!!), silicone caulking, sealants and lubricants.

Current budget $25

I don't know what gun i'm going to buy yet. But I want a CPS. So i think i will buy a gun that uses Air pressure and try to convert it if possible.

Mods:

Water Resevoir - My mom likes wine boxes. They come in cardboard boxes and the wine is contained in a plastic pouch. They hold 5 liters. The wine is dispensed from a plastic spigot that turns. I am pretty sure I can attach a hose to the spigot and make a backpack resevoir.

CPS - I will buy party balloons for this and my dad has silicone lubricant so its rubber safe. Also I found a hose clamp, so yay! :D

Structural stability - I have woodworking skills and experience with metals and plastics. Will be done as deemed necessary.

May i get some comments on good candidates for guns, possible setbacks, or suggestions? Thanks a lot guys!!

you too atvan

DX

Re: my first gun is going to be a mod, need some guidance please!

Post by DX » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:24 am

So you are trying to build a CPH as a full homemade or force mod an existing manufactured AP gun to CPS? It's not clear which you want to do and they involve very different advice. A CPH can only be had for under $25 if you already possess the most expensive parts (the larger diameter pipe, larger diameter fittings, check valves, and potentially the ball valve). The party balloons may also set you back up to $8 if you are looking for the 72 packs that have the best strength and quality. If you are force modding an existing gun, most of the expense is simply the gun itself. Someone just performed one of these, it's detailed in a pretty recent topic. They did a balloon PC as you intend to do.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:47 am

Sorry if i wasnt clear, what i want to do is buy an existing gun and modify it.

I'll look around for the thread you talked about but if you have the link, I'd would very much appreciate that too! thanks!

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:36 am

WW lightning, by mr. dude. What was that about me?

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:25 am

I was thanking you ahead of time since i knew you'd come across my thread.

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:53 am

WW Lightning looks good, If i went in that direction I would probably go with the WW Sphinx, the electronic pressure gauge seems a bit much and i since i'll mod it, i dont think it will as accurate. Unless I'm wrong. Tell me I'm wrong?

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:17 pm

It likely won't be that useful, but you could remove it. The sphinx should work too.