new guy

General water gun discussion.
piratebloodnose

new guy

Post by piratebloodnose » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi there,

I'm new to the site and to water wars. I'm from a small city of Chatham in Ontario, Canada.

After cleaning out my parents attic, I found a CPS 2000, and am quite excited to start some wars.

I'm also interested in manufacturing some home-made warfare weapons, but I don't know where to start.
If anyone had some basic design ideas, or even specs w/ a materials list; it would be greatly appreciated, as I have no idea what I'm doing as of right now.

Thanks.

cantab

Re: new guy

Post by cantab » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:27 pm

I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Welcome to the forums. I'd recommend the air pressure homemade water gun because it's got the most complete tutorial. Materials, preparation, and construction are all included.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:25 pm

CPS 2000, great start. As for homemades, there are quite a few places to go. Aside from the APH, you can start with a water balloon launcher (I'd suggest posting a thread about your building of it since documentation of launchers is somewhat limited), or with a CPH.

The APH seems to be a good place to start but I've never made one myself. However, you don't have to deal with replacing pressure tubes, building PC cases, etc. and you don't have to order anything online. (at http://www.mcmaster.com) However, the APH is a bit heavier and generally not as easy to carry as a CPH, and you need to pre-pump air to get decent performance.

The CPH, on the other hand, generally does not get as much power as a APH, unless you get good tubes and layer them effectively, but its smaller and easier to use for combat. They also generally have better shot times, depending on the tubes, and its easier to make their pressure chambers larger. Range for both is roughly the same depending on nozzle quality. With a good water balloon nozzle, I've gotten my rather weak CPH to get the range of at least a CPS 2000. (and the pressure chamber is about half the power of the 2000)

Whichever you build is up to you. Stay away from guns like the 2L homemade, or anything air pressure that relies on a hose to power up. But other than that, the CPH vs APH is a matter of preference.