What happened to the big guns?

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Outlaw

What happened to the big guns?

Post by Outlaw » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:21 am

Hi everybody. I just found this site and I'm excited to find other people that are so interested in water guns. Most people around here don't get too intense. I began messing around with water guns several years ago when we had a big water gun battle at a church camp. From the beginning, it was my goal to out-gun the competition. Mainly, I've just tried to increase capacity and it seems that a tire tube has worked the best so far. My problem is that I can't find the big super soaker guns anywhere(new), just small and medium(barely) size stuff. Obviously, I'm missing something but why no more of huge water guns? I have 2 CPS 4100's and what I believe to be a 2100 but the sticker fell off so I can't say for sure. They all have minor problems that I intend to fix but it would be nice to be able to buy more.

Peter MJ

Post by Peter MJ » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:10 am

Sorry to say, but if you are looking for big guns, you're about 4 years to late. In 2003 Hasbro decided to no longer sell anything bigger than an oversized squirt pistol (with the exception of a few re-releases of the CPS4100 as a stopgap measure). All the more famous big guns (CPS200, CPS2500, Monster X, Monster XL etc.) have been discontinued and can only be found on eBay, or if one is lucky, yard sales etc. Unfortunately, you are not the only one looking for these guns, so especially for the more coveted models, be prepared to pay A LOT for well-preserved specimens. It is best to look for them in Autumn and Winter, when prices tend to be a bit lower across the board...

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:07 pm

Yup, right now, you could get a CPS 2000 for ~$300. I joined Soakerdom partly due to my weak arsenal, and the homemades that many SSC members have made are far more powerful than any Super Soaker. I'm going to prove that you don't need Super Soaker CPS power at all.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:38 pm

I was thinking about trying to build something myself. Time is kind've an issue right now though. Right now I'll focus more on fixing my CPS guns that I have. Hopefully, that gets me through the summer. Thanks for all the replies.