:confused: How do i find other water war players?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Soak Master

:confused: How do i find other water war players?

Post by Soak Master » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:13 am

:confused: I'm new to waer warz and need to know how to find other water warriors(not brand). plz help me.

cantab

Re: :confused: How do i find other water war players?

Post by cantab » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:07 am

Try and get some of your real-life friends involved. If you're at a university/college, consider setting up a student society for it. If you find yourself needing a pretext to make it look like you do more than just have water fights, tell the uni it's about the engineering; I see you've already made an APH,
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:30 pm

Yep, local is pretty much the only way to go. Finding others online isn't dangerous per se but it usually doesn't work out thanks to age and location.

Are you in high school, university, or something else? That makes a difference in terms of finding others.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:38 pm

As previously stated, the usual way to go is to start the hobby with friends. If your friends are not interested, then your contribution to the site could be building awesome homemades. Tell us a little more about yourself, I think we may be able to help you out.

Storm
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

Kano

Post by Kano » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:36 pm

I don't think this belongs in its own topic, so here goes...

I have some friends interested (about 3 I can normally get a hold of) in water warfare, the only problem is that I'm the only chap who has any guns--I have four large enough to be primary blasters, and six WW Hornets and Crickets. Two difficulties arise from me being the only guy with the guns:

(1) Although I can normally get my first choice main weapon (either CPS 1200 or WW Orca), I can't exactly get my preferred sidearm (WW Lightning), as it must go to one of the four people playing as a primary blaster.

(2) My friends obviously haven't payed for the weapons they use, so it's a little--clears throat--easier for my weapons to break while being used by most others than by myself. I have witnessed several nasty drops, and I believe one of my Crickets has suffered.

So, the obvious fix is to get the friends to buy their own guns. The problem is that most of them are stingy enough not to buy while they can use one of mine.

Of course, I will continue sharing while I must--otherwise the point in having water guns is significantly diminished--but I wonder if anyone has successfully talked their friends into buying their own guns.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Well...I suggest you start using the Orca AND Lightning as your weapons. Tough luck if that leaves someone else with only small stuff.

As for risk of breakage - well just tell them to be careful. And ideally fight on grass not on pavement.

Another idea might be to ambush them when they haven't got one of your guns. They'll soon want their own so they can try the same trick on you.

Yet another would be to lie and say some of yours got broken. Then you turn up with only one of your primaries left.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

DJIA305

Post by DJIA305 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:06 pm

1st and probably the best suggestion i can make is have them join our website. When I first found this place, it blew my mind to find that there was a whole sub-culture of people that love super soakers!

Once here, they will find out about the different types of guns and strategies and the ultimate goal would be for them would be to want to make their own gun. And then VOILA they are hooked! Soon thereafter they will go out and buy some guns.

... this is exactly what happened to me! Now I'm hooked!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***New to Super Soaking!*** Arsenal: SS Arctic Blast (nevermind I just returned it), SS Flash Flood, SS Max Infusion BackPack x 2, SS CPS 2500, SS Hydro Blitz.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:13 pm

Heh, we wouldn't mind more membership. But it's probably not a cure-all.

I'm actually liking cantab's last idea. Saying your water guns broke has a grain of truth to it since your friends are a little more careless than you are. Plus, if that doesn't work, you can show up with them "fixed" afterward and point to the repairs section. :p