Mind if the RP is used on our site?

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:23 pm

The first RP went very nicely from what I've seen. I haven't got around to read it all yet, it being some 50,000 words long! That literally is the size of a book!

I do think that the RP would be easier to read if it was formatted and broken up into multiple parts (chapters). Would anyone mind if I did that and put it on our site?

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:25 pm

Well actually, I was going through and editing it for exactly that purpose. I'm about a fifth of the way through at the moment (it is very big - just over 70,000 words). Hopefully I'll be done by the end of the week, although no promises! :P

Shall I email it to you when I've finished? It will be as a Word document unless you specify otherwise.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:57 pm

Sounds good. As long as quotes are not changed, I'm fine with it.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:19 pm

If you're editing it, Forceuser, maybe you'd like to add some chapter headings in consultation with me and/or others. It would make it more manageable.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:11 pm

Originally posted by Monsoon+Feb 6 2005, 05:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Monsoon @ Feb 6 2005, 05:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sounds good. As long as quotes are not changed, I'm fine with it.
[snapback]21956[/snapback]

[/b]

When you say quotes, what do you mean?

<!--QuoteBegin-Spinner
@Feb 6 2005, 06:19 PM
If you're editing it, Forceuser, maybe you'd like to add some chapter headings in consultation with me and/or others. It would make it more manageable.
[snapback]21959[/snapback]

[/quote]

Yeah, that would probably be a good idea. If you can think some up and decide where to split it, it would be good.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:08 am

Originally posted by Forceuser@Feb 6 2005, 12:25 PM
Well actually, I was going through and editing it for exactly that purpose. I'm about a fifth of the way through at the moment (it is very big - just over 70,000 words). Hopefully I'll be done by the end of the week, although no promises! :P

Shall I email it to you when I've finished? It will be as a Word document unless you specify otherwise.
[snapback]21951[/snapback]

70,000? Really? Microsoft Word told me it was some 54,000 words. If you could do that it would take a lot of work of myself. Especially if you could divide it into different chapters. Just email it to my SSCentral email account and I should get it.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:50 pm

It could get confusing because of the different viewpoints of all the different people who posted. But putting each persons post in in a new chapter could make it have a stupid number of chapters. How are you going to do it?
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:10 pm

New paragraphs/dashes would make the most sense to divide such entries.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:25 pm

I'm just worried that it would make for "broken" reading. The RP was so big, people have to get in the flow of the writing.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:16 am

Hey, I lost touch with the RP a long time ago. And I was just wondering if I could put my final remarks in the old thread? If you'd rather me post in this one or another I will.

Edit: If I had the ability, I would make this into a war movie. Sadly, I Don't have access to planes and other things like that. :P

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:57 pm

Originally posted by Commander_Gaunt+Feb 9 2005, 09:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Commander_Gaunt @ Feb 9 2005, 09:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm just worried that it would make for "broken" reading. The RP was so big, people have to get in the flow of the writing.
[snapback]22061[/snapback]

[/b]

The chapters are quite large. I've only put them in where there is a major change in the story (ie when the militia changes base, moving from island to island, etc.). The individual posts are currently split by triple asterisks, although if one post carries on directly from the last they are left together for easier reading.

<!--QuoteBegin-nibordude
@Feb 10 2005, 04:16 AM
Hey, I lost touch with the RP a long time ago. And I was just wondering if I could put my final remarks in the old thread? If you'd rather me post in this one or another I will.
[snapback]22072[/snapback]

[/quote]

I don't see why not. Spinner, what do you think?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:22 pm

Send me your last post, nibordude, and I'll edit it in. ;)