What are the best starting guns?

General water gun discussion.
The General

What are the best starting guns?

Post by The General » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:36 am

Im new and looking for some new water guns???
What shud i get???
Im looking for a powerful long range gun and 1 or 2 gud sidearms???
Also, ho do u start a squad???

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:05 pm

First of all, correcting typos and mispellings would make things easier to read. Some adjustments to your sentence structure and spelling would be appreciated.

Anyways, most of the more powerful guns are part of the original CPS line, who's guns cannot be obtained in stores. You'll have to find them from friends or on eBay. If you don't wish to take these, there are certain guns in stores which should be acceptable for starting off with. (they still have decent range and soakage)

For shopping in the stores, look for guns such as the Water Warriors Tiger Shark, WW Orca, Flash Flood, and Arctic Blast. Some warnings: the Orca's trigger may eventually break down, and the Flash Flood's is no less problematic. Because these trigger issues have a high potential of occuring, try the Tiger Shark and Arctic Blast. (The Tiger Shark is better designed than the Orca but holds slightly less water)

Sidearms... Look for various Water Warriors air pressure pistols, such as the Hornet, Black Widow, etc. Max-D 3000's should also do the job as long as the small grip isn't too much of a problem. (However, those triggers may also be prone to breaking, though I haven't had mine break yet)

For teams, just find some friends who'd also be interested in soaking. Find creative ways of getting them to join, or at least play, such as hosting parties, etc. Hopefully, you can get enough people to at least do teams, though that's probably more of a matter of preference. Next up is rules. You'll probably want to start with the soakfest, where hits do not count towards the functuality of the game. Such games can have various objectives such as capture the flag, soaking certain people, or just a simple game of trying to stay dry without scoring.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums.

Andernerd

Post by Andernerd » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:30 pm

What exactly do you want? If you need something really intimidating, get a monster xl. The monster isn't actually such a great gun though. For a large gun with a big spray, get a CPS 2000. If you need large amounts of water in your tank. If you can't get any of these get a Flash flood. You would be surprised at what you can find at garage sales though.
My armory:3 Flash Floods, CPS 1200(riot blast), oozinator, 2 cps 2000s, max d 2000, 2 max d 3000s, and lots of cheap little squirt guns