Saving Water

General water gun discussion.
War Admiral

Post by War Admiral » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:13 pm

Soakers use a lot of water. Living in New Mexico we are in a drought all the time. Finallaly were getting rain and I save it .I put buckets and stuff outside to collect water.Water is one of the most important things.do you guys think we should save it ? I mean we probably use a ton during wars.
It is the old who declare war but it is the youth who die for it.
-Herbert Hoover

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:40 pm

How bad is your drought? Depending on your situation it really is a toss up. it's not like your doing that much harm with it. and the water goes into the ground so I Don't think its that bad.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:11 am

I feel sorry for you. We have a stream in our backyard and a private underground well below are house.

War Admiral

Post by War Admiral » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:26 am

Our drought is bad but weve finally gotten some rain cause of the monsoons.We have a well also but our negbhors all around us, thier wells have gone dry.
It is the old who declare war but it is the youth who die for it.
-Herbert Hoover

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:50 am

The rain's coming down at the rate of an inch an hour, and we had an inch last night, 2 inches yesterday, its been raining all week. I wish you could get this, it would be very helpful for your drought. Also, I would not be concerned about having a war. Sure its a lot of water, but a sprinkler on a lawn uses much more water in 5 minutes than a 2 hour war. ;)
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

ryaxnb

Post by ryaxnb » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:57 pm

water is recycled...

**edit** we all know this. This is your last warning on spam before a 2 day R/O.
Ok, sorry.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:08 pm

water is recycled...
:rolleyes: REALLY? :rolleyes:
I put buckets and stuff outside to collect water
Do you collect enough?

**edit** This is trolling and will not be tolerated. This is also your second warning for spam before a 2 day R/O.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:17 pm

You could always try conserving water in a battle. Lower outputs, pulling the trigger in short bursts and monitoring your water supply can help.

I am unsure to how much I actually use in a battle. I think one battle I'll measure, I do know that I have used 3 or 4 gallons in a good long one.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:27 pm

It rains quite a lot where I live so saving water isn't really a problem. Although some guys my team used to have battles with would say their parents wouldn't let them use too much water because it cost a lot. :rolleyes:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:20 pm

my water is free (I have a private spring behind my house), but it would probably be a good idea to collect water during rainstorms, so that I can conserve the good springwater, and use the "b-grade" water from the gutters and such for things like water wars where the potability of the water is'nt as important.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:35 pm

Where I live it hardly cost money for water and I live in saudi arabia it almost always over 100 degrease(sp?).
:D

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:10 pm

hmm... let's see here... might it be because you live in an oil-rich nation? :P and Don't post anything you wouldnt want the saudi government to see here, they are probably monitoring your internet access, and everyone else's. :p h34r:

[at]ontopic

collecting rainwater is probably a good idea, I know all the parents of the guys on my team are picky about how much water we use. the question is what's a good way to do it? buckets? and how do you prevent everyday contaminates like splashing mud and bugs?
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:46 am

At the CF where the CFM plays, theres only a water fountain which is not enough to pump out a good amount of water. So what I do, espicially, and what kills my back is carry around 4-6 litters of water in soda bottles. Its good if you don't have to run too much, and its good if theres no good water supply.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

King Soaker

Post by King Soaker » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:22 am

Now we understand the purpose of this years Super Soaker models! It seems to me that for most 1 to 2x guns you could just buy a six pack of bottled water for a weekly water battle.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The "S" stands for SUPER Soaker!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:17 am

Whenever I battle in the park, I bring all my soakers prefilled, and a huge cooler of water, and as many bottles, cans buckets, whatever I can find and fill them. We always use nearly all of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------