Colossus pointers

Threads about water gun modifications.
Crashdummy

Colossus pointers

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:43 am

I have learned a few things every here and there that helped me when I was colossusing my soakers here they are.

1: Put flour on the inside of the sliver you are sliding over the bladder. This helps it slide.

2: Put a rod or piece of piping in the bladder when performing the colossus. This helps it maintain shape when you are wrestling on the pieces of innertube.

3: Don't use little pieces of innertubing. Use pieces slightly smaller than the bladder, from the bulb in the bladder (spot where it is bigger), to where the bladder gets pinched off (the end with the orange stripe on some soakers). It is actually not that much harder to do, and looks way better when you are done.

4: You don't have to hack up the pc. You can use a small screwdriver to work off the cap at the end, then slide out the bladder. Then, when you are done, you can put the cap back on if you want. I wouldn't, because you can actually hold a little more water in the pc now.

Thanks for taking your time to read this! :cool:

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:48 am

With 4, I'm not sure exactly what part you are referring to as I have never had a cylindrical CPS PC, But:
- not putting the end piece back stops the pressure gauge working (or can this not be removed? - I believe it has to be for a collusus looking at pictures...)
- not putting the end of the casing back on runs the risk of damaging it, does it not? I believe that this is what you were referring to, rather than the other one.

On second thoughts just ignore me, I don't quite know what is going on.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:42 pm

Thread pinned.

I am fairly sure #4 was referring to the second idea you mentioned joanna. ;)

#2 sounds like a great idea that I will try when collosusing my next rubber CPS homemade water gun.

I still am amazed that no one has bought latex rubber tubing to make one big collosus easily by sliding the tubing over. That would be the best tip around when it comes to making collosusing easier.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:20 pm

I would buy latex rubber tubing, but there is a bicycle shop two blocks from my house. The guy that works there sometimes lets me have the torn and popped innertubes, and I sort out the good from the bad, only putting the good ones on my soakers.
About number 4, by not putting on the cap, the bladder can expand a little more. The caps actually stick into the plastic casing of the pc a little, and by removing them, the bladder can move 1/2" to a full inch further back. By doing that, the bladder can hold a little more, which is something I like. This can't damage the soaker in any way either.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:04 pm

Well, if #4 doesn't damage it - I might do it to a cylindrical PC CPS if I get one - I'll study it first though.

I don't think I'll collosus it though.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

zacharious8

Colossus pointers

Post by zacharious8 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Ok guys here we go. Hope some try this and love it as I did. This makes a colossus simple. I did two guns with 6 layers of road bike tubing in under an hour.

After your bladder is removed find something the bladder fits over. It must fit snug. I used a broom handle. Now cut your tubing to the required length. Then pull the tubing onto the broom handle. Pull it far enough so that you can fit your bladder back onto the end of the broom handle. Then Roll the tubing up making a huge rubber band. Roll it toward the bladder at the end of the broom. Now this is where a bit of strength kicks in. You have to roll it over the bladder/broom connection. somewhat hard but after you get the hang of it the process will be very easy. Then roll it to the end of the bladder. Now simply unroll the tubing in the opposite direction over the length of the bladder.

The hardest part is getting it onto the bladder and over the little bubble in the middle of the bladder. when you unroll the tubing its so simple you will be WOWed. This also makes the first layer as easy as the last layer because your pushing the entire tubing onto the bladder as a thick rubber band. There is no need to cut sections of tubing or use larger tubing that fits loosely.

If you guys want pictures let me know. I want to play around with tubing layers anyhow. What would you guys recommend for amount of layers in a Flash Flood. I currently have 6.

zach

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:27 am

Wow, that sounds like a brilliant idea! Especially if the concept works for really thick layering as well (like for homemades or extreme colossi), this sounds like the most practical method by far.

I'd love to see some pictures, thanks. By the way, would you mind if we put your article on the website for the next update, or quoted it in a more general Colossus article? Thanks in advance. :cool:

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:02 pm

Pretty much like the piping idea, but rolling them on. It's harder to roll them on with guns like a Monster though, because their PCs are longer.

zacharious8

Colossus pointers

Post by zacharious8 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:04 am

I am unsure what you mean by piping. The concept should work no matter how long the PC is. Unless your talking about leaving the inner bladder attached to the gun when doing the colossus. I have know idea how one would preform a colossus while the bladder is inside the PC. Please explain.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:02 pm

It's explained in the first post of this thread - method number two. And yes, the method does involve colossusing without removing the bladder from the water gun. :cool: