Back from the Dead!

General water gun discussion.
GutsNGlory

Back from the Dead!

Post by GutsNGlory » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:43 am

Its been a long time! For those of you who may not know me ( which I'm sure is nearly everybody) I am the original webmaster of the Guts N Glory Water Warfare website.

I was looking up some information for some summer youth activities for part of my job, and of course waterfights were included. Lo and behold, I stumbled upon Super Soaker Central. Instantly, a flood of memories came back. I even saw a link to the old girl. I couldn't believe it was still up, but there it was...a little dilapidated, but there, all the same. Made my day.

So naturally I had to stick my head in here and see whats up. I see iSoak's still around, whats up man! To anyone who transferred over from Aquatica, my old username was 'XN'...or at least thats what I was known by. If that rings any bell, let me know, I'm sure we probably talked back then!

Wow it really has been a long time. I started GnG 9 years ago. Man, I'm old! (its okay though, I've got the one-up on iSoak :p ) Seeing this website reminded me of why I got into soakin' in the first place - something that kids (big or little) can have good old fashioned fun with. Being a part of the online soaker community gave me something to invest into and have fun w/ over the summers, and probably made me feel like I was a part of something. Man I was important! (haha)

Anyway, would love to meet some of ya'll and see whats going on in the community these days. I'm one of the old fogey's that carried the torch for a while (even if that just meant dealing with whiny trolls over at Aquatica (hah!) but they were some good times. It would be good to see who carries the torch these days and see if anyone else is around from the golden years.

-Dave

Silence

Re: Back from the Dead!

Post by Silence » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:56 am

Hmm, I saw the other thread first and had to double-take for a moment. Welcome back! :)

iSoaker is the oldest person left. Doom changed his name to Ben a couple years ago. I can't recall many other oldies, although m4 and Shadowstrike Prime have been checking it at iSoaker's latest forums recently.

GutsNGlory

Post by GutsNGlory » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:19 am

Very cool - its good to know that some of the old guys are still around. Marauder (Ben) actually came up from North Carolina I think it was to participate in one of our Dominator water wars...which may have been one of the only organized inter-state water wars. Ahh, good times. A good friend. I wonder if he still has the CPS-2000 he got from me. Memories!

-GnG

GutsNGlory

Post by GutsNGlory » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:00 am

BTW - Thanks for the info Silence. What part of VA are you from? Thats where GnG had its humble beginnings, up north.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:30 pm

So your XN. Does that mean you know a thing or two about intergrations? I'll start a new thread so as to avoid Silence's wrath.

Storm
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Whoa, good to see you around, XN. This is a blast from the past! Welcome back, hope you stick around for a while.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:03 pm

Might have been a miscommunication; it sounds like Ben's the first name for both Ben (the username) and marauder4 (the username). I don't know much about what happened 8-ish years ago so maybe the SSC-admin Ben came in too late for you to remember. At any rate you may want to qualify the person you're talking about. ;)

I've read about your interstate water war, maybe even seen a video. People tried to do another a couple years ago, but nothing really came of that.

I'm in Charlottesville, but I'll be going to college this year, so I don't know for how long. After April 1st I'll have a better idea.

@StormGlorious: What wrath? I seem to hijack threads all the time, and I doubt anybody would mind a discussion here, but I may be wrong. :cool:
Last edited by Silence on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:36 pm

Welcome back GnG! Good to see you here. Feel free to get back into the hobby if you have the time!

The username Ben is rather confusing with multiple of 'em. Perhaps I should change my username (for the trillionth time) to btrettel to get something truly unique.

I actually was around when GnG was still being updated (or at least there were plans for updates), expect that I was much younger, quieter, stupider, and posting under a different username. So it's very unlikely that GnG remembers me, and if he does, it's a very different me.

GutsNGlory

Post by GutsNGlory » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:07 am

Yep, I'm referring to Marauder 4, guess I should have been more clear about that, seems as thought there is almost a generation gap.

I posted over on the isoaker forums too. I was asking over there if we could organize a chat. What do you guys think? Could be a lot of fun and a great way to catch up.

Let me know!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:45 am

A chat sounds nice. Is there any specific time you have in mind? What sort of chat do you have in mind too? I have and use AIM.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:37 am

@Silence: Your admin wrath for going off topic. By the way I'm joking.
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Oh, well, no worries then. :cool:

Interesting that this thread's been more active than the one at iSoaker.net. Maybe m4/etc. are busy or didn't see the thread.