Looking for soaker

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Me iz wet

Looking for soaker

Post by Me iz wet » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:57 am

:p ;) Hi does any1 know a good Rifle-sniper like gun that is worth up to $50 i relly want a good one since the 2 good guns i have broke or stoped working well (xp270, xp310) :( so plz help me :p i want a good gun :D :D :)
Copy and paste kirby and we can dance all over the forms!
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>

C-A_99

Re: Looking for soaker

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:08 am

The only devices currently capable of "sniping" (I use quotes since water warfare sniping range would be just a stretch of typical engagement ranges in real war) would be water balloon launchers, as water blasters don't provide enough range for that. However, the best ranged water shooters are homemades and modified CPS's. You just might be able to get one of the better CPS's for under $50 on eBay; look around. If not, then you should certainly be able to find 1000's/1200's/2100's for under even $30 but there are many factors that can change this.

For modern soakers available on shelves, the best ranged would probably be the Water Warriors Orca. The Tiger Shark has similar performance but is a little lighter and has less capacity. The Flash Flood and Arctic Blast make decent close-range weapons.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:08 am

Me iz wet

Post by Me iz wet » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:10 am

I dident mean i wanted it to snipe i wanted something that could have long range, good water supply, and is fast pumping. by sniper i meant its not big and bulky or very heavy
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:14 am

There's an old adage: of fast, reliable, and cheap, choose two. There's no silver bullet - high performance doesn't come in compact designs. SuperCannon II and SuperCAP are on one end of the spectrum, a squirt gun's on the other. A homemade's the most balanced option.

Me iz wet

Post by Me iz wet » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:18 am

kk ill atempt makeing a homemade and if it doesent work ill buy sum gun i want
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>

Me iz wet

Post by Me iz wet » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:26 am

um now that i have seen those 2 guns i dont think makeing one is the best idea... they are ether to complex or too heavy so... i think ill just buy a thin, fast pump gun....
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>

Me iz wet

Post by Me iz wet » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:36 am

Right now im thinking about buying the SS100 or XP150 or XP70
(Sorry for double posting i havent used forms in a long time)
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:43 am

Those aren't the easiest to find. The Max-D 6000 and Tiger Shark seem to be designed for similar needs, as both those soakers and the older ones you mentioned are light and easy and fast to pressurize.

But seriously, if you consider soakers like the 1200 to be "bulky" and expect a soaker to have decent capacity, thats not going to happen.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:30 am

The Arctic Blast with the max infusion backpack might be good for you. Range is so-so but range on EVERY modern soaker is so-so. Output on the stream nozzle is low, but shot time is correspondingly good. There's a big riot blast nozzle for close range, or you could change that for a custom nozzle (try the laminator design in the homemade section). Being CPS-based, the shot power is more constant.

The Secret Strike's also worth a look. No big blast, but it does have a larger stream nozzle. The tracked pump should make it more durable; if it was the pump shafts that broke on the XP's, that won't happen with the Secret Strike. And again you can fit the backpack.

The Tiger Shark has a slight range edge on those two (maybe 2 feet), and according to isoaker.com the Orca has a substantial range edge. However they're larger and heavier guns, though they do have straps. No bacpack sold, but you could always make your own.

(To everyone: Remember what guns he's used to.)

The Arctic Blast, Tiger Shark and Orca should all outdo your previous guns for soakage; I'm less sure about range, but I think the Orca will.

Finally, don't write off your current guns. Post what seems to be wrong with them in the repairs forum - it might be easily fixable.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:52 pm

Guided pumps aren't necessarily more durable. They put a ton of stress on a measly rod of plastic. Still, if its a preference, go for it I guess. Personally, I'm used to free pumps but I can go with either one.

But why are you so strictly sticking to very, light blasters and at the same time, wanting decent capacity? With less output, the water supply will last longer, but it won't have the range of something with a larger stream.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:23 pm

The best guns available in store as I'm typing this are the Arctic Blast and Orca. You might be able to find a Flash Flood if you look around too (Ben and I saw a few at Target a few days ago). If you want something better without building anything, I suggest you wait until winter and try to get a CPS gun off eBay. Usually in the winter prices are lower, many times half the summer prices.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Flash Floods are as common as everything else in my Target. (they also got the blue ones new for this year which look better) The loadout will vary by store but the same Target also carries many Max-D 6000's.

Me iz wet

Post by Me iz wet » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Hmm I think the artic blast or flash flood seem pretty good. And i want to know if the backpack can be used with the flash flood. And i have a max-d 6000 but it dosent work very well i got it for free because the people dident want it.
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:12 pm

I think it depnds on the version. The original release of the Flash Flood was in the "soaker tag elite" line, is GREEN, and is NOT compatible with the backpack. The later release was in the "max infusion" line, is ORANGE, and IS compatible with the backpack.

For further identification (eg if you find another colourway), the Max Infusion cap is left-hand threaded and will obviously take the backpack if you already have one, but either unscrewing or inserting the backpack may be impossible with the gun still in its packaging.

As for the backpacks, remember there are two: 50 oz and 100 oz. The larger one is newer, and originally came with the Overload gun before being sold seperately. The smaller seems very common on ebay.

Get the Flash Flood if you can and it's the same price as the Arctic Blast, since it's a little better. However, the Flash Flood often seems to be more expensive than the Arctic Blast, sometimes as bad as double, in which case it's really not worth it. Personally I also prefer the AB's styling, especially its colours.

Either way, they're both quite good guns. I think they'll outdo or at least match most other comparably sized blasters, including your old ones.

Also, for checking statistics and stuff, isoaker.com is good.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: