Looking hydroblade tank cap

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
korekillerking

Looking hydroblade(or any 2004 Soakertag gun) tank cap

Post by korekillerking » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Hey Im new here and im looking the above part, i live in the UK and don't really want to pay a fortune of one of these plus shipping.
EDIT: It appears that all of the 2004 guns have the same quick fill valve, so looking the caps from Helix, Liquidator, Triple aggressor, Vaporizer and of course the Hydroblade.
Last edited by korekillerking on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-A_99

Re: Looking hydroblade tank cap

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Rule number 25 of HydroWar's website: http://punkrockcowboy.brinkster.net/hardcore.html
"#25 You have a sign on the back of your Polaris Scrambler that says 'Warning unattended children with Hydroblades will be sold as slaves'."

All jokes aside, you can fashion your own cap with a little clever work. Since the HydroBlade is pressurized reservoir, that limits some of your options if you want to get the job done with as little work and money as possible. In some rare instances, people have found caps around the house that happen to thread onto and even SEAL the reservoir, but that's quite rare to say the least. Here's what I would do, which costs quite a bit of money but is well worth it.

Get a 3/4" PVC ball valve or check valve and a ton of epoxy or epoxy putty. Use the epoxy/putty to secure the valve to the reservoir opening. You'll probably have to make at least some adjustments to get it secured. The problem with ball/check valves is that they take up a lot of space, so you may prefer to build your own valve instead. The advantage to using a ball valve is full control but ball valves cannot be built easily. Check valves have the advantage of being automated; just hook up a pressurized source and it will push water through, though you will more then likely have to push down the piston on the valve manually in order to fill it up. You can also build your own check valve for filling up.

All this can be found at your local home improvement and/or hardware store.

korekillerking

Post by korekillerking » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Yea that sounds extremely complex, Would replacing the cap with a PVC cap work? I know its 1.5 inch hole on it and the cap would have to be a female connection.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:13 pm

The only problem with that would be closing the cap once you fill the gun. That's why he suggested the ball valve, because once you attatch it you can turn the valve to fill, then turn to close, no more cap removal.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

korekillerking

Post by korekillerking » Sun May 01, 2011 2:05 am

By cap I mean a screw-able PVC pip cap/lid, you understand that right?