Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water gun technology > Engineering water guns
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
joannaardway
Do not adjust your TV set

UserID: 549
Default Bad Pressurisation concepts.

Over the months, we have had many concepts on pressurizing soakers. I am listing BAD ideas - the builds you must never attempt due to either danger to yourself, or your target.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO ANY OF THESE IDEAS.

Use of Dry ice to create pressure is incredibly dangerous for three reasons:
1) It can create massive pressure - a tiny amount of dry ice represents a vast quantity of gas.
2) It is incredibly cold - the temperatures weaken the PVC of a soaker, meaning that it is less capable of taking the pressures that will be created.
3)It will chill the water you fire (it doesn't freeze it for odd reasons) to the level that injury could occur.

Use of acids/bases to create gas is acceptable - when used to power a wbl.

Putting acids in a soaker - come on people:

You are going to be firing acid/alkali at your target as you envitably will get the mix wrong.

Electrolysis

This is not dangerous to any notable extent.

However, I went and made a plastic bottle with two nails in the base. I ran current through these for many hours. I came back, and there was a little pressure present. However this was from a powerful electric source, and several hours.

A few minutes, plus whatever you get from 9v batteries won't be enough to do anything

Explosives

You have got to be kidding me - this is soaking, not WWIII. If this is ever suggested the topic will be removed.

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston
Closed Thread