SuperSoaker Questions

General water gun discussion.
MattPaintballer

SuperSoaker Questions

Post by MattPaintballer » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:40 pm

Hello. I am new to SuperSoakers but I own a few of them. I am a member at NerfHQ and NerfHaven - NerfHQ is actually how I found this site.

I don't know if any of my Soakers are any good, they don't seem to be, I don't know their names but I'll try to get a picture of them up soon. I know one of them is some CPS gun with a purple tank and a strap. Another one has a teal tank and you pump it up, but then there's this orange thing that hooks up to a hose. You put the nozzle on the orange thing and it fills up with water. That one broke, but it was always annoying anyway. I have another one that is broken in a weird way. When you pump the gun, water comes out. It doesn't matter if the trigger is being pressed or not, it just releases the water and air when you pump.

I also have 4 of those knock-off guns that take batteries that power lights that are supposed to make the water red at night. 2 are the big green ones, 1 is the medium-sized blue one, and the other is the small red pistol one. Only the pistol works.

I know you can modify Supersoakers to shoot Nerf darts, but by the looks of this website you can modify them and still allow them to shoot water? That sounds cool.

By the way, I saw the SuperSoaker Flamethrower video on gprime. That was cool!
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Everyone loves Magical Trevor!

Viscen Django

Post by Viscen Django » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:05 pm

Although SuperSoaker Flamethrowers may be "cool", they are illegal in some states and can get you arrested.

On a lighter note, the gun with the purple tank and strap sounds like a CPS 1000.

-\\-Hraesvelgr-//- Sivayth Prioritus

MattPaintballer

Post by MattPaintballer » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:25 pm

How can I tell if building a SuperSoaker flamethrower, spud gun, or anything else of the like is illegal in my state?
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Everyone loves Magical Trevor!

Viscen Django

Post by Viscen Django » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:54 pm

If you can acquire or otherwise look at a copy of your state's laws, you can tell. They might have a copy at a state library.

-\\-Hraesvelgr-//- Sivayth Prioritus

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:35 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central MattPaintballer! I have upgraded your membership account.

Super Soaker flamethrowers are impressive, but dangerous. I would not recommend them under any situation. Some people think they are "awesome", but in reality they are incredibly simple to make and just plain dangerous to the user and everyone within range. Nothing truly impressive unless you are a pyromaniac.

I am against the discussion of obviously dangerous activity, so please take the flamethrower discussion elsewhere unless you plan on using your "flamethrower" as a water gun.

The first Super Soaker water gun you mentioned is likely a CPS 1200 or possibly a slightly discolored CPS 1000.

The second one I could not identify. It definetly is a Super-Charger Super Soaker or Speedloader however.

The third one requires a simple repair, the rubber band repair. This repair works nearly every time a water gun shoots from the nozzle without pulling the trigger.

Topic moved to New Members forum

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:10 pm

Also, Flamethrower supersoakers would be illegal in every state and every other country... No doubt about that.

As for other mod to change the fire type, they would probably count as air guns, and so that depends on state or country (In England for example, there is an age restriction).
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:43 am

Hi MattPaintballer. I remember you slightly from NerfHQ, not that I ever posted there a huge amount.

The second one sounds like a SC 400. If you'd like more accurate identification though, please post a picture!
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

dmnss97

Re: SuperSoaker Questions

Post by dmnss97 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:40 am

I need to find the name of an older supersoaker that has a large green barrel and attaches to my hose with a orange attachment to fill it with water. The orange attachment broke and I can't use my gun anymore. It was awesome and it my favorite gun ever!. Can someone research this for me please. If I could find this gun again it would make my summer.

Specter

Post by Specter » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:52 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central dmnss97!

Please realize that this thread is from 2005. If you would like information about a specific water gun, please post a new thread with the information you are looking for. :)
It helps keep things organized and easier to get the information you are looking for.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:14 am

You're likely referring to theCPS Splashzooka.

Sadly, it's no longer made, but can sometimes be found on eBay.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:18 pm

If you browse around the forums and the site, you'll find some information on substitutions for the Splashzooka's (and any Super Charger's) filler attachment. (called a Quick Fill Device, or QFD) Have a good browse through this site's articles and iSoaker's articles and reviews, they contain some useful information for getting started into soakers and water warfare.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:07 pm

I believe the article in question is this one. It shows how to make a new quick fill device with extra features.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.