supplies for a water fight

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
T.U.M.E.G.

supplies for a water fight

Post by T.U.M.E.G. » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:20 pm

I'm getting ready to have a water fight with three of my friends
I could use some help with supplies I have some ideas below I have the backpack mod so I could carry some stuff in there

SUPPLIES

SHIELDS
GOGGLES
BINOCULERS
BACKPACK MOD / FOR XP-310
2 LITER SODA BOTTLES
WATER BOTTLES
1 GALLON WATER BOTTLE
WATER BALLOONS
WALKIE TALKIES
WATER TANK MOD / FOR XP-310

also I'm having a night fight to could use some help

super soakers

SUPER SOAKER XP-310
SUPER SOAKER MAX INFUSION OVERLOAD
SUPER SOAKER MAX INFUSION AQUAPACK
SUPER SOAKER MAX INFUSION FLASH FLOOD

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:29 am

Seems good, but shields? How big are they, shields take the fun out of the game. Do you have a way to fill your water balloons. You're probably going to fill some before hand, but If you can make a way to fill them from your gun or something that would help, thread for traps and backup guns are a help too.

Big Boss

Post by Big Boss » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:01 am

Hmm, not much supplies for in-game, but if it's at night and remote, don't forget a cell phone, towels, and a first aid kit. Water guns aren't dangerous much in themselves, but some people would rather leap into a stream than get hit.

Other than that, flashlights if you want them, and supplies for bases if you're gonna build those. And some form of flag if you decide to go CTF at some point.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:20 am

I posted a brief reply in another thread, but here I go again. It appears as if your water fight is more hardcore than I had expected, although you probably want to use tap water...if so, and if you are far from a refill station or other clean water source, then you'll want to bring along a ton of water (hopefully in a hiking/frame backpack). Then again, if everybody has backpack mods, then you probably won't run out of water unless you purposely disregard the principle of tap/pump.

Let's see now...you should definitely take water balloons. They are incredibly effective, and if you have a few filled up ones--probably in tennis ball cans--then you should be pretty much set. However, carry many more than what you filled, and keep up your supply of filled ones when you get a chance. On the other hand, you definitely don't want to fill everything, for what I deem to be obvious reasons.

Shields and goggles probably won't be necessary, but if that's what you want, then it's fine by me. Binoculars are pretty pointless, because unless you want to see the enemy from afar and plan your strategy and tactics with only two people per team, then they're going to be useless. Because of the poor range of water guns, you'll see the enemy far before you're within range anyway, and a challenging suburban setting will render long distance viewing impossible anyway. Once again, though, be my guest.

There appear to be some redundant listings in your first post--what's the difference between the XP 310 water tank mod and the XP 310 backpack mod (hint: if you plan to do both, then since you have a choice, just do the backpack mod)? For that matter, why all the different types of water containers (though in this case, it's fine to have everything functionality-wise)?

T.U.M.E.G.

Post by T.U.M.E.G. » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:07 am

Okay thanks man you guys are a big help
I have this old lunch box but I took out the old part so it's really soft it would be perfect for water ballons.
I also made a list of stuff for the day water fight and the night one.
just so you know I am new

DAY

SUPER SOAKERS

SUPER SOAKER XP-310
SUPER SOAKER MAX INFUSION OVERLOAD
SUPER SOAKER MAX INFUSION AQUAPACK
SUPER SOAKER MAX INFUSION FLASH FLOOD

SUPPLIES

GOGGLES
BACKPACK MOD / FOR XP-310
2 LITER SODA BOTTLES
WATER BOTTLES

Night

SUPER SOAKERS

MAX INFUSION ARTICK SHOCK / FOR SNEAK ATTACKS / USE AQUAPACK
MAX INFUSION FLASH FLOOD / FOR TOTAL SOKAGE / USE OVERLOAD BACKPACK
MAX INFUSION AQUAPACK

SUPPLIES

2 LITER SODA BOTTLES
WATER BOTTLES
1 GALLON WATER BOTTLE
WATER BALLOONS
WALKIE TALKIES
FLASH LIGHT
LASER PEN

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:04 pm

That looks good, but I have one question: why do you choose to only use the relatively powerful XP-310 and the Overload during the day, but stick to soakers like the Flash Flood and the inferior Arctic Shock at night? :confused: