drilling a changeable nozzle

Threads about water gun modifications.
Lightbulb41

drilling a changeable nozzle

Post by Lightbulb41 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:17 am

I have the CPS 3000 with the quad changeable nozzles 5x 10x and 20x Is it possible to drill the stupid Typhoon (Tri 5x nozzles) into like a 30x How would I do it?
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:26 am

This isn't explained in too much detail in the "Modding 101" article, but for good reason--it should be fairly simple. Remove the screw that holds the nozzle selector in place, and just take a drill with the nozzle size you want and go for it. If the spread of the multiple 5X nozzles is too wide, epoxy them up first and let them dry completely before you drill the 30X nozzle. Also, note that the stream lamination and range will be minimal for your new nozzle, but I guess that's okay--it's only a shotgun nozzle to complement the others, after all.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:57 pm

20x is the limit of the CPS 3000/3200 - the internal nozzle is only 3/8" wide and the 20x nozzle is 3/8" wide - doesn't take a genius (Mind you, that is what I am)

Do not attempt to drill a 30x nozzle - you will wreck your soaker! Most soakers would complain about a 30x nozzle. They're not built for it. I could only achieve a 30x by using a K-mod on my 27K.

If you want another nozzle I would recommend 2x - 15 seconds of shot time is very respectable - That's what I have on my 3200.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:20 pm

Hmm...I suppose joannaardway is correct, and Ben called an increasing diameter "drooping" in one of the SSCentral articles (though I can't remember which one). Also, you could do what she says and do a colossus in addition to a 2X nozzle--then, all the nozzles would seem to be the next level up, so the 20X nozzle might act like a 30X one. Needless to say, you would also experience greater range and overall output.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:11 am

Not just increasing diameter, but you'd have to modify the trigger valve.

More trouble than it's worth - they almost never go back together well. It can take many many attempts.

I would go for the Collosus and a 2x nozzle. That might boost the 20x to a reasonable 25x. While you're at it, look at the range of the 20x nozzle versus the 10x nozzle - it's about 6 feet less - the nozzle is already a bit too large for good performance. A colossus might fix that.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston