I need help

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
soakup

Post by soakup » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:19 am

Just to let you know I am 11 but I still do water wars the thing is I have one coming up in school.Every year the school has a water day last year us fifth graders fought 19 seventh graders with 8 people we thought we won we had them retreating but then six people in my crew turned on us.They took our ration of water and weapons me and my friend were forced to turn to the seventh graders and even with twenty-one people we lost.Mainly because they had the most terrotory.I managed to keep one oiece of terrotory for now.

This year I have a six man crew but we are up to twenty threethis year is for my revenge we shall take back our terrotory!

Anyways my crrent plan is that they have the jungle gym so I am going to lure them out my men and I will put tape on the sole of their shoes and lure them to the grass which gets slippery.The tape on thier shoes will cause them to slide around and fall in puddles.Meanwhile they are easy targets we shall attack until they give up.

Anyways I need sugestions,so I will tell you the statistics.Thier team has little experiance and old year 1998 model guns,my terrotory is field and thiers is a one story jungle gym equipment and thier team consists of mostly new kids and they are dumn and can never think of a good plan.Anyways any help wuld be great.

ps;I can get you all the statistics you'll need
sponge+James Collins+ water=soakup

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:31 am

Welcome to SSCentral. Please be sure to read all the board guidelines. That includes using proper spelling and grammar, there's a Spell Check button. ;)

As to your war problem, I'm a little confused as to your plan. Whose shoes are you going to put tape on, and how? I'd say that making people fall over is a bad idea - people could get hurt, and water fighting isn't about getting hurt.

Otherwise, please post here all information asked for in the help us help you topic.

Enjoy your posting at SSCentral. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:19 pm

I believe he means he's going to try to put tape on the bottom of the other teams shoe, though I am not sure how this could be done :huh: As spinner said,there would also be the risk of somebody falling and getting injured.

As for the war, I am very confused :unsure: It sounds like you were fighting the seventh graders, and then after your team turned on you, you got help from some 7th graders :huh:

Then you said "This year I have a six man crew but we are up to twenty three this year". This is unclear,maybe its just me, but I'm guessing you had a six man crew to start and now your up to 23?

Now that thats out of the way. How big is the playground and what are the main points of importance? How many people on are the enemies team and what are they equipped with?

Almost forgot, Welcome to SSCentral! From now on try to make your posts a little more.....understandable ;)
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:41 pm

Anyways my crrent plan is that they have the jungle gym so I am going to lure them out my men and I will put tape on the sole of their shoes and lure them to the grass which gets slippery.The tape on thier shoes will cause them to slide around and fall in puddles.Meanwhile they are easy targets we shall attack until they give up.
Here's a suggestion: Never ever put someone in a dangerous situation! Water warfare is meant to be safe, and this is cheating and downright dishonorable. I would NEVER let you call that a win because it was completely unfair.

If you need some general war tips, read my short Water War Specific Strategies or the longer and more complete Aquabatalicus. Other than that, do what Spinner and MyStic said. It's the leas you could do if you want some help, giving us some more info and clearing a few misconceptions up. ;)

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:37 pm

I figure this playground is in an open area, so what I would do is get some Lax sticks and a bunch of water balloons. Then find a nice defendable location and just bombard them out of their play ground. They'll have to move and thats when you do a mad charge and take back what's yours. :P

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

soakup

Post by soakup » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:07 pm

Okay once again briefly last year I fought the seventh grade then most of my crew traited on me so I am out for revenge.
Next,my six people are fighting twenty three not to mention that the seventh grade ( which are now eigth graders ) will probably attack us.
As for the tape when we go into class we have to take our shoes off and leave them outside.
Doom, your probably right but I'm in sixth grade and I am plotting my plans under assumption and also I said my current plan meaning idea in a way.
Nibordude,I clearly mentoned they had the advantage of a two story jungle gym, because of this aiming and defense advantage water baloons are not a good idea not to mention all of the sides have six foot tall bar gates and most of it has roofing.

Any ways thanks for trying to help.

ps:I DID A SPELL CHECK!

Double post copied in: In order for me to give you more statistics I need to know what you want in thiis case I have no detail of what you want,and that strategies type page was of no help.

[when it's posted 6 minutes after your last post in this topic... it would be best to edit it in]

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:27 pm

Originally posted by soakup@Jan 28 2005, 08:19 PM
Just to let you know I am 11 but I still do water wars
Am I the only one that finds this funny? I am 15 and many people on these forums are older and we still have water wars. Another thing. Old 1998 weaponry is a good reason to be scared. The 1998 line is the best line in almost everyone's opinion, and unless you have a collection of APHs, and WBLs, I think that it is fair to say that the odds are stacked against you.

EDIT: Water balloons would still be effective. They would explode on the bars and become even more effective.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:42 pm

First off, double posts are not allowed on the forum. As for your dilemma, you seem to miss the point of the water balloons and the lax sticks. Trust me I know. I faced someone with a water balloon in a lax stick. I was not able to get close enough for a shot. What you need to do is maximize your range to compensate for the fact that they have the better guns.

I suggest getting some pictures of this, "play ground," and post it. We can then talk tactics then. Right now I'm blind to what your battlefield looks like.

You also might want to look into scare tactics. Building a WBL like my Doüchenator can be very intimidating. ;)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

soakup

Post by soakup » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:44 pm

I have made list of statistics for your use.
1. My Team

1)Michael B.-skill_low - just about fat enough to do nothing.- x2 xp 110
2)Kenny B.-skill_hi - He may be a new kid but he is wild. - homemade
3)Zain(and I spelt it right)skill-mid - he just makes maps - homemade
4)Murtaza-skill- hi - this kid can fight - homemade
5)Mobusher-skill-hi-calm enough to kick butt - homemade
6)Adam- skill-very hi-me and him have experiance- homemade
1)Daniel-skill-very high-new to team but has much experience-homemade

as for me -I have very hi skill and use a homemade

2. Enemy

23 people
mostly old weapons
all low skill
lots of water baloons

3. Battlegrounds

the advantage of a two story jungle gym, because of this aiming and defense advantage water baloons are not a good idea not to mention all of the sides have six foot tall bar gates and most of it has roofing.

grassy plain
meadows

Double post edited in again:

Okay I am sorry fr the double post but I have a question what are lax sticks?Oh, and I am surprised you don't understand that these kids have had thier guns since 98' and they are leaking and the only thing still holding them together is duct tape oh and check my statistics and it clearly says my favorite water gun is the liquidator for its mobility.Also try to unerstand that the jungle gym has gates and roofs.

(Look, you have an edit button. If you need to put an extra comment in, even hours later, use it.)

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:52 am

With 98 series weaponry, they are formidable opponents. Seems that you need some weaponry with better range (the 3200 isn't the best for range, from what I hear).

Lax sticks = lacrosse sticks. They can greatly increase range of water balloons.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:28 pm

Originally posted by soakup@Jan 28 2005, 09:19 PM
Just to let you know I am 11 but I still do water wars the thing is I have one coming up in school.Every year the school has a water day last year us fifth graders fought 19 seventh graders with 8 people we thought we won we had them retreating but then six people in my crew turned on us.They took our ration of water and weapons me and my friend were forced to turn to the seventh graders and even with twenty-one people we lost.Mainly because they had the most terrotory.I managed to keep one oiece of terrotory for now.

This year I have a six man crew but we are up to twenty threethis year is for my revenge we shall take back our terrotory!

Anyways I need sugestions,so I will tell you the statistics.Thier team has little experiance and old year 1998 model guns,my terrotory is field and thiers is a one story jungle gym equipment and thier team consists of mostly new kids and they are dumn and can never think of a good plan.Anyways any help wuld be great.

ps;I can get you all the statistics you'll need
[snapback]21688[/snapback]

Okay, I am going to try and attempt to break this down into analysis. Fine if your 11, I'm 16 and I still play with them. I find it amazing your school lets you have water wars, after all the "no tolerance" policies enforced after Columbine of 1996 and 9-11. Legally I see no problem in them taking your rations of water, it is one of the strategies of Sun-Tzu's Art of War. However deliberately planting a trap to injure the enemy is not only a disgrace, it's not even a win at all. True Commanders win with honor and pride, through an excellent game sizing up with a strong enemy. Head down the path of playing dirty and you are most likely are going to be called a coward, and left out of future games.

Know your enemy before the battle, most likely you will win the battle if you have a strategy planned out. I highly doubt you got a hold of 5-6 heavy Backpack Cannons. Evem if you did, going in and charging full throttle is ridiculous and stupid. Read some articles and past reviews, the larger guns most of the time do not win the war. If I wanted to, I could take someone out with a CPS 3200 with something as small as a Max-D 6000, maybe even smaller. Tactics will get you to win the game. Plan accordingly since you have not provided us with a map of the area. Split and surround them, or make the battle in your favor, to where it is 1 on 1.

I also tried this "territory" thing, not a good idea unless you all are really good friends. I tried that when I was new, and it ended up in people almost fightign physically over it. Make sure to have fun! You lose you lose, do it with dignity and pride, it's just a game and just for fun. I hope you war goes well, and remember the goal is not to hurt them.

edit- also, please try and work on your grammar structure. Im in 10th grade honors, and I know it is not that hard for a 5th or 6th grader, even my sister can do it.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:47 pm

How did you get all the 3200s?! You should find some less heavy guns that use CPS tech like the Flash Flood. If the war is taking place a while from now you could try to Collosus it.(Don't do that though because I don't think anyone has tryed that yet) Or you could collosus the 3200, but I don't think you should take the risk. Also bring a cooler filled with water balloons.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:49 pm

Originally posted by soakup@Jan 31 2005, 06:44 PM
Also try to unerstand that the jungle gym has gates and roofs.

I understand. However it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you throw it horizontally it would break on the bars of the gate and throw water at your opponents. And understand has a "d" in it.

soakup

Post by soakup » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:56 pm

Okay I know this really makes me sound dumb but I have no clue how this quote stuff works.Anyways, read my second post on this strand and you can see that I said I agree that it is very cruel.Also all the cps 3200 I found on a discount lineup at kb toys but I didn't buy them my friends did for themselves( with the exception of michael who doesn't know what to get) but I was planning of getting one for me hey you ca't beat $21.97.Next My school divides the school into terratory.I remember in first grade my first water day when the teachers fought kids for terrotory, then at the end of the day they wrote who has what terrotory in a file to be saved for the next year.Also, stealing my ration of water ticks me off.Anyways, what is a lax stick I'm desperate.

Oh, also math and science are my strong points in school.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:18 pm

lax sticks are lacrosse sticks. Crosses. Take your pick. They are pseudo WB launchers.