Duxburian's 1000

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
DX

Duxburian's 1000

Post by DX » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:50 pm

Well, it took me 2+ years to do it, but I've finally reached 1000 posts at SSCentral! :) I've already passed 1000 on SM, but still have quite a ways to go at ISCF. It would be really cool to have over a 1000 at 3 water war forums. I don't know of many people who have achieved that. :cool:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:50 pm

1000 Posts! Good job! Keep it going!
You needed a new thread, huh?

EDIT: Sorry I made such a short post, but I was determined to let vBulletin say that it was completed in the same minute as yours.

I know that you have 1,600 or something at SM, but I don't hang out at iScF. I don't have enough time to do much at either place.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:52 pm

1000th posts are kinda special. Only a handful of members have ever reached that, and even fewer have reached it on 2 forums. I might be the first to do it on 3. :rolleyes:

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:55 pm

Before this post, I supposedly had 10.45 posts a day, so it should take me less than 90 days to get my 1000th. Then again, there aren't too many reasonable threads left to post on, especially because I am not considerate enough to post at all the forums in the community.

EDIT: I'm eating dinner now, so I can't celebrate with you for a while...

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:37 pm

Now it says that I have 180 posts at about 12 posts per day. This time, I'm willing to take the time to do the math: now, it should only take 68 days to get 1,000 posts. These last 80 posts have gone quickly.

Of course, I'm starting to expand the number of sites that I regularly visit to include iScF, SM, and more. My post rate might go down once I have an "obligation" to post at multiple sites like Duxburian does.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:21 pm

It took me so long to reach 1000 because I was not all that concerned with post count and used to post somewhat infrequently, only when I really had to add something.

I used to post at ~10 forums and visit all sites I knew of regularly. Not that I had all the time in the world, I just wanted to support the community to the fullest extent that I could. Now its not that difficult, since so much has been lost.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:52 am

I've seen many smaller sites, but mainly, I only look at the top three (SSC, SM, and iScF, for those who don't know). As I've said, I should probably do more to help the community and newbies more, rather than just discussing soaker technology here at SSC.

There used to be 10 different forums? I only spend time at one! The only major dead ones that I know of are WaterWar.net and the various stages of Aquatica.
EDIT: Actually, I know more--I just can't remember all of them ;) .

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:59 am

I have 400 posts at the iSoaker forums, but only 50 here and at SM. I'm just not that into tech...

I view post counts as well, how much time someone spends in the soaking community. I don't post just for the sake of posting, but actually try to put in something useful. That's why I don't spend as much time at SM or SSCentral.. or make as many posts.
EV Nova: - http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/
"A CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!" *Takes 'em home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.* -"snap!"- "A Max-D trigger!""

DX

Post by DX » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:00 am

There used to be 10 different forums? I only spend time at one! The only major dead ones that I know of are WaterWar.net and the various stages of Aquatica.
EDIT: Actually, I know more--I just can't remember all of them
Mostly minor sites, all the forums I remember from 2004 to now:
SSC
ISCF
WWN
SM
WGN
H20
Soak This
CAM
Waterbridge [both of them]
CFM [both of them]
Zoccoz's forum
Aqua Warriors
Sniper's forum

and more which aren't coming to mind at the moment.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:40 am

There was also the Belisaurius-run war-related forum, the name of which I forget.

EDIT: Oh, and congratulations on reaching 1000 posts! Welcome to the club. :p
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:42 pm

Wait a minute...why does everybody think I'm only concerned with the post count? I try to make important and helpful posts too! At least I think I do...tell me if I'm wrong.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:16 pm

Congratulations - I know that your posts are always treasure troves of wisdom, so it takes some thinking to see how much you have furthered the community.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:27 pm

Wait a minute...why does everybody think I'm only concerned with the post count? I try to make important and helpful posts too! At least I think I do...tell me if I'm wrong.
Nobody seemed to have mentioned that. Don't worry about it - your posting is fine.

Duxburian's 1000th post just goes to show: stop caring about post count and you'll actually post more often. Slow and steady posting is the way to go.

Post count is mostly overrated anyway. I sure wish that most forum softwares had a "word count" feature or something similar because that sure would promote writing more as opposed to simply posting more often. I think that if a word count existed, we'd find that the longest lasting members have more words per post.

Now get into the 2000 club. ;)

@Spinner: Belisaurius's forum was called Waterbridge.

Edit: It seems that I am coming up on my 5000th post of my posts at all three big forums (4367 + 168 + 442). Neat that I've posted that much, but 88% of those posts are here so I'll need to spread them out some more. Of course, you can only expect one to post more at their own forum.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:51 pm

@ Ben: Yes, post count is no more important than word count. Ideally, everybody would use the reputation system that you established at one point; but nobody (including myself) seems to use it.

EDIT: Actually, I didn't know about the reputation system until I read the thread under Feedback that concerned it. I suggest you publicize it a bit more.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:03 am

Congrats, Dux.

It's enjoyable to see a dedicated member reach 1000 posts. I only came close once at the first WWN. I can't imagine reaching 1000, and I'm glad to see someone do it with meaningful posts.