homemade circular CPS

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:44 am

I'm going to try a simple homemade CPS, how many balloons do you think I should use for the firing chamber? :huh:

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:53 am

You don't want to be using balloons by themselves. You want to get some Latex Rubber Tubing from somewhere like McMaster, then either layer it with inner tubes or another section of rubber tubing. I doubt balloons would have anywhere enough power.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:53 am

How are you planning on filling this homemade? With a hose? Or with a hand pump? I'd say 40 at most if you are doing a hose. With a pump, a tubing clamp and a tubing bard, try 100 or more.

Honestly, this is going to be a really terrible homemade most every way you make it. I tried things like this before I found about latex rubber tubing. If you are good with these materials and good at making homemades, you may make an acceptable homemade. I do recall someone once made one from PVC, balloons and a 2 liter bottle. Maybe you could try to search for that topic to get some ideas? I do think I told him pretty much the same stuff I am telling you though. ;)

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:15 am

Ok, so if I use latex rubber tubing, how would I plug up the end that isn't being used? :huh:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:15 pm

With a threaded cap, a barb and a tubing clamp? I've also used thick screws and a tubing clamp. Some others in the past have also tied the end off. Please think for yourself! That was far too simple to ask, though I'll admit, I should have put that information on the site.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:08 pm

Old topic Doom was talking about. There it is, although I think you should just give up. I used 3 balloons, and it was kind of good. Well good luck with your homeade!

EDIT: Heh, that was my first post!
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!