CPS 2100 problem

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Monsoon

CPS 2100 problem

Post by Monsoon » Mon May 22, 2006 7:50 pm

I know that this problem of mine has been around for a while, but I've decided to finally take action. When I froze my CPS 2100s check valve, I had all the parts in my closet all taken apart, with the screws in little boxes (which I still have all of). There's one thing missing and that's the trigger mechanism. If you look at the internals picture of a CPS 2100, it has an orange piece that slides over the rest of the internals, with a metal hook that attaches to the valve spring near the nozzle. Without finding this missing piece, is there any way I can make my own trigger mechanism or buy a replacement part? It's my only CPS soaker besides my Splashzooka (also out of comission from a lack of a QFD).

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 22, 2006 8:45 pm

If you're looking for a QFD for your Splashzooka, joannaardway currently has a "Type 2 QFD offered." I can't help you with your trigger problem, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 22, 2006 9:15 pm

If you lose the trigger of a CPS 2100, I'm afraid that there's not much you can do if you intend to keep the trigger as it is. Those types of triggers appear to be too difficult to duplicate correctly. Some have duplicated the simple sliding triggers of water guns such as the CPS 2700 with some plastic, but something that wraps around the pump like the trigger of the CPS 2100 is a different story.

Does anyone have a trigger they could offer to Monsoon? A replacement part from a broken or unused blaster would be the best bet to avoid a trigger valve replacement modification.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 22, 2006 9:20 pm

Here is the Hasbro replacement order form links page. Select Super Soaker, and a small popup will appear that has several parts you can order. Sadly, I don't think they have the trigger valve, but you can find some other cool stuff (QFD caps, etc.). Try to get a free but broken CPS 2100, which shouldn't be hard to do, and you can salvage the trigger.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon May 22, 2006 9:28 pm

Would a CPS 1200 trigger work? My friend has a broken one and since it's in the same lineage as the CPS 2100, should it work?

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 22, 2006 9:34 pm

It very well might. I know for a fact that CPS 4100 triggers will work on CPS 2100s and vice versa. If the 1200 trigger is too small, you could saw a thin cut into it in order to enlarge it around the pump. Despite it not being closed, it will stay on. If the 1200 trigger is too large, you could attempt to make it fit by sawing in the same manner and tightening one edge over the other, using something to hold it like that.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 22, 2006 9:55 pm

Hmm...the CPS 4100 and the CPS 2100 were the last CPS soakers made, and they seem to match each other in many respects. If that is the reason for the compatible trigger valves, then I doubt that a CPS 1200's trigger valve could be used in a CPS 2100, though Duxburian's suggestions to improve compatibility might work after all.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue May 23, 2006 9:31 pm

It might be possible to make a new trigger from a wire hanger. I added the second one to my 27K very easily. I simply replaced the entire trigger rod with coat hanger, and bent it to shape.

With regards to the QFD, I'm prepared to ship anywhere. I'm open to offers on price - I'm not looking for anything more than pocket change.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 23, 2006 9:38 pm

@ joanaardway: Interesting idea, but I fail to see how coat hanger wire could be used to make a trigger valve :p !

However, I could use it as a trigger in my homemades, seeing as even when the design/layout has a ball valve in the plans, it probably won't feel right when it comes to the execution. I'll also work the ball valves before I use the guns to make them easier to turn, as a tiny trigger won't give one enough leverage otherwise.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 23, 2006 10:24 pm

He never said anything about a missing trigger valve, only about the missing orange trigger. He'd say trigger valve if that was missing. ;)

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 23, 2006 10:59 pm

Oh, sorry about that, joannaardway--and thanks for pointing out my mistake, Ben. I guess a coat hanger would work after all...

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed May 24, 2006 9:18 pm

I'm probably going to end up finding it in the back of my closet somewhere, unless i accidentally threw it out. That would suck. I'm trying to get my hands on a Flash Flood for a CPS soaker, but that won't be for a while. Thanks to everyone for the help.

EDIT: Okay, I emptied put all the places it could have been. I still haven't found it. I'm up for making my own trigger, but i have an idea involving a lot of epoxy, a push pop cap, coathanger, and im not sure what im going to use for the part that attaches to the actual valve. Unless there's something easier.
Last edited by Monsoon on Fri May 26, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat May 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Bump. Please read my edited post above. I've decided that either i need to wrangle a broken CPS 2100/4100 or make a custom trigger mod.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups