Trigger Impossible To Pull... Oh No...

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu May 27, 2004 11:42 pm

Ok, my 12k has been K modded; first test was at 9:30 PM, sure was dark; second test was at 10:30 AM, worked VERY well, shot of 53-58 feet for 2 1/2 seconds; Third test at 7:15 PM, the trigger was IMPOSSIBLE to pull after about 8 pumps, it broke that little plastic thingy that opens the valve.

We then opened it up, BAM! The PC's O ring had slipped off and the water blasted us. We later pumped it only two times and it worked. Something with the pump or trigger? This is probably linked to the K mod?

BTW, the gun is really hard to pump this is from the mod, right?

Thanks for any help,
Racer
I don't check this forum anymore.

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 27, 2004 11:47 pm

Yes, it is really hard to pump because of the mod. My 21k can't be pumped more than 12-15 times. Not cause I fear it breaking, but because its almost physically impossible. You should inspect all the internals when you put the gun back together, making sure ithey are all in the right places and functioning. Sometimes things get shifted during the mod, the o ring wouldnt have been a problem if you had checked first before the test.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 28, 2004 9:52 am

shot of 53-58 feet for 2 1/2 seconds
I have to say that that is very unrealistic. The output couldn't create that range.

The plastic thing that broke you have to replace from what I know. I've never had to, but I do know toothpickmatt has had to, and then it broke again so he made one but I'm not sure how. Be creative, you could fix that thing that snapped probably.