SC2X

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
adronl

SC2X

Post by adronl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:58 am

I may have in the working getting together some parts for an extremely overpowered SC2. By extremely overpowered I mean steel high pressure water pipe I recently moved and my new friend and neighbor is working on a 60 story building construction site and there are leftovers all the time. The dimensions will be the same 4" of the SC2 just one little difference CO2 powered you can dial the pressure way up :D I'll try and keep you guys posted

JuchTurtles

Re: SC2X

Post by JuchTurtles » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Wow, sounds like a lot of power there! How far do you expect it to fire?

What an awesome project! Hope it goes well. Do the metal parts screw together or are they glue (and if they glue, how?)?

Get ready for kick!
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

adronl

Post by adronl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:19 pm

I am pretty darn sure I could break the last drop 80ft record of the SC2

The metal pipes actually have a type of groove system that a coupling grips into and pulls the 2 pipes tightly together and then bolts tight. This makes it simple and easy to maintain, take apart etc.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:58 am

That sounds like a great idea, and it should be a solid choice of material. I have one concern, however. What happens if the pipe were to start rusting? Would you have to start over or will it be an easy gun to clean?

Other than that it should be a good soaker, and the pipe will probably never break.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:11 am

sound awesome, but ridiculously heavy :rolleyes:
Good luck. :cool:

adronl

Post by adronl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:37 am

I will probably not make it very long because I don't need any room for air pressure and the main pipe will be a free cut off piece. As for rust the outside of the pipe is already painted and can be painted again to fill any possible scratches. For the inside of the gun it will be greased for smooth action of the piston and may already be treated as it is potable water. Maintenance will probably be necessary for such a high powered gun like regular greasing and possible piston replacement periodically. Maintenance should be very easy since the couplings bolt together and use no glue.
Last edited by adronl on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Will you use a piston? And if so, what will it be made of? The same?

Sounds good. So the pipes are threaded in a way, and they're air tight, too.

Sounds good adronl! How much psi?
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

adronl

Post by adronl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Yes the piston will be the same except for a modification to make it more solid

Yes the pipe is pressure rated it if a high pressure water main type pipe for sending water up a 60 story building.

As for the pressure you know me probably as high as the pipe and regulator will safely allow at least for the opperator :D maybe not on the receiving end. Most likely not over 250 I don't want a giant mist gun

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:45 pm

If you're using very high pressures, I'd consider giving the gun a frame or mount that physically prevents it from being angled below something like 30-45 degrees. It sounds like the sort of thing you don't want to hit someone with directly, even by accident.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

adronl

Post by adronl » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:28 am

Do I look like the kind of person that would be safe! JK dont answer that. This would be a personal gun I am an adult and I wouldn't really make any plans available for minors to reproduce nor would I use it in such a manner. Unless a drunk friend asks to be shot and knows what they are getting into and still there would be some safety precautions involved. All the guns I have sold don't allow an extreme high pressure and they can't be purchased by someone younger than 18. BE SAFE!!! :D

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:17 am

How is the gun coming along? Have you been able to make any more progress on it, or has the production halted? Also, if you are using water pipe then I guess you wont have any problems with rust, unless the paint gets chipped.

-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

adronl

Post by adronl » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:26 pm

I have not gotten the pipe yet & this project all depends on if my neighbor can get me some pipe for free off the job site and machine the ends for the couplings. We shall see they are still running the 4" pipe so the are bound to be some drops somewhere but they try and not waste pipe I may not get quite the length I want.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Is it happening adronl?
SPLASH! You're dead!

adronl

Post by adronl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:41 am

Right now it does not look good as for getting that type of pipe for free the management rushing the finish and quickly removing waste as it is produced to meet a deadline or beat it. However I may be able to find a metal pipe that is more affordable and lighter solution that is threaded . Ill just go shopping and if I find something have my plumber friend have the pipe machine threaded on the cut off end so I don't have to make a 10'-20' chamber.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:22 pm

A 10' to 20' chamber! Holy Hasbro!

Ya, that sounds unrealistic to be able to use well. You'd kinda have to take to a metal shop to make it smaller. It's too bad you can't get the best high psi pipe and you'll just have to get something else. Hopefully the project will go on!
SPLASH! You're dead!