What is the "true" supersoaker for today?

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
VAJMH

What is the "true" supersoaker for today?

Post by VAJMH » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:28 am

A lot of the SSs coming out lately, as I think everyones noticed, have not looked like guns, or supersoakers, but just toys. This would naturally deter an adult collector, and I know the bright colors and fragility of some of the guns deter water warriors.

So, after the monsters and re-releases, just what do you guys think is the true super soaker of, say, the past 5 years?

I didnt think they made one until I saw the Aquapack Devastator which I'm still trying to aquire. The thing that really got me into it, other than the cylindrical CPS, was that they had finally made a supersoaker that really looked true to the originals (maybe a little too true, seems like a watered down (pun) version of a 3000 or 3200.) but still, a step in the right direction.

Outside of the SSs I've also become interested in the shield blasters, simply because of how innovative that idea seems.
Personal Collection: Monster X, Monster XL, Helix, Triple Shot, Aquapack Devastator, Liquidator, Arctic Shock, Shot Blast, Splazhzooka
Super Soaker 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 100, 200, MDS, Bow & Arrow
XP 20, 35, 55, 70, 75, 85, 105, 110, 150, 175, 250, 270, 275, 310
CPS 1000, 1200, 1350(1-3-5), 1500, 2000, 2100, 2500, 2700, 3000, 4100

cantab

Re: What is the "true" supersoaker for today?

Post by cantab » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:05 pm

There hasn't really been anything like the old XPs or CPSes from Hasbro, since the Max-D line.

Water Warriors tend to have more classic styling. They also outpower current Super Soakers. Thus, I'd say the Water Warrior is the new Super Soaker. Guns like the Tiger Shark, PulseMaster, Vindicator are like the old CPSes (if a little weaker), and there are also smaller guns, like the XP pistols.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

DX

Post by DX » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:20 am

A Flash Flood with a backpack and the small nozzle drilled can perform at a serious level, but trigger valve durability is a problem. An Orca with a Blazer PC swapped in and nozzles adjusted gets great range with high capacity, par with any mid-size CPS and perhaps the 4100. I can't comment on the newest WW guns, as I have not tried anything newer than '07, but those are probably the future. Power modding is a very strong recommendation for all post-2002 guns though.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:10 am

Most people don't mod though.

I was actually wondering about taking the original question a bit differently. Sum up the last five years of Super Soaker in a single gun. The Flash Flood. It represents the change away from the massive guns of old, the change from power to gimmicks (and the Flash Flood at least has a GOOD gimmick). It does have things going for it - you won't get more soakage in a smaller package. I've also found them to be pretty common, it's what people are battling with.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:55 pm

I think the Vindecator, Expedition, or PulseMaster are canidates for sure. They all have over 40 feet of range (pretty good) and they have large reserviors and good shots. They have other good features as well, like the built in strap each of them have. Rotating nozzle selector and decent size pressure chambers.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!