so what got you into soaking?

General water gun discussion.
The Soaker

so what got you into soaking?

Post by The Soaker » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:09 pm

ok ill go first. It started when my friend gave me his broken Monster XL wich i fixed and before i knew it i was colecting soakers. ok now it's your turn.
CPS 2000!!!!!! *FWOOSH!!!*

atvan

Re: so what got you into soaking?

Post by atvan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 am

An excuse to shoot my brother and to cool off on a summer day. Serious soaking enthusiasm started when I needed a replacement for my MD3k. I research like mad before I buy anything.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:37 pm

Summer of 2006, needed a good war game. FPS games weren't accessible to many (cost and skill level), paintball and airsoft were too expensive, laser tag was also pricey and difficult to find good standardized equipment (standards vary), and Nerf wasn't selling separate dart refills very nicely back then. This, of course, left only one option. An option that lets you play anywhere outside, has a wide variety of attacks, has its own unique combat methods, etc. I did get casually into Nerf later and still am, but WW remains the primary summer activity, while Nerf takes over when it's too cold.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:13 pm

When I first saw Super Soakers on the shelves. It was in 2002 and I was about 7 years old. I collected a lot, but lost interest when winter came. Then in spring of 2007, I saw the then-new Aquashock line in a Hasbro catalogue, and my interest was rekindled. After that, I slowly built up my armory over the next few years. I joined iSoaker.net in April last year, and I joined here a few months later.
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Ahhh, the nostalgia. Like the new description thing too. O r not so new, and I never noticed.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:11 pm

atvan wrote:Ahhh, the nostalgia. Like the new description thing too. O r not so new, and I never noticed.
What?

To keep this post from being completely useless, I will recount a tale from my youth. :p

Back in '02, when I first got into water blasters, I brought roughly 10 billion squirt pistols, but my first pressurized blaster was a Storm 760 (I think that was the number.). Now, I had a friend with a CPS Splashzooka (And a large Storm gun that I can't remember.), so one day, I decided to have a duel with him. Naturally, he swamped me, and I knew I must have vengance! So after searching "Super Soaker" on the internet, and finding the official website (It was so much better then...), I decided that I wanted the Monsters, mainly because I thought bigger was better. I never ordered anything online, but I saw a Monster X in Toys R Us, and after begging my mom to buy it for me, I drove home with the massive blaster stuffed into the trunk. MUHAHAHA! Now I could get even with my friend. I staggered into his yard with the X, and you shoulda seen the look on his face! I was the king of the neighborhood back then, and I still am today (Well, I don't exactly have any competition...).
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:56 pm

The host of the 1st community war thing.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:23 am

Huh, probably around '02. I think that was the summer when I got a 2100 for my birthday, and it was awesome. We had some trouble lifting and firing it, but that was probably when I first got started with this. A couple years after that I found this site, and then a few years after that I made an account. I think. Something like that anyway.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.