look what i found

General water gun discussion.
The Soaker

look what i found

Post by The Soaker » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:52 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXsm9B79Wbg pause at 1:09 and and guess what gun it is
CPS 2000!!!!!! *FWOOSH!!!*

Andrew

Re: look what i found

Post by Andrew » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:57 am

That would be a Super Soaker 300! :eek: That thing's older than I am (made in 1993)! That thing is supposed to be one of the air pressure greats, being known for the ability to match most small to mid sized CPS weapons (but then breaks straight after)!

1:16 looks like a Super Soaker MDS (also 1993 and older than me!). That thing was basically an old-fashioned version of the sneak attack (except it had a single nozzle which could swivel left and right).

Listen from 2:58 onwards. Super Soaker only has a single shot? WHAT THE HELL IS HE TALKING ABOUT!!!! :mad:

That SINGLE shot can last over 10 seconds (more if it's a pressurised backpack)!!! Why can't he tap shots like everyone else!

"It hits harder and faster" have they ever seen a CPS 2000??? (maybe not actually, if the SS300 and SSMDS are anything to go by, and they are actually talking to us from 1993!).

Anyway, I'd love to see them fight against my XP70 or MI FF (or even my homemade, although that technically isn't a super soaker) away from the pool (which to be honest is where very few serious water fights are held). You may have more range, BUT I HAVE MORE WATER!!! :D
(unless they converted it with the stream machine boat buddy, and a backpack reservoir)

Also, a piston water gun has a range based on the strength of the user. How many people could REALLY fire that thing 70 feet repeatedly, if at all???

AND they have an advert like that, but they themselves sell super soaker copy, water guns too!!!

(Sorry, you can probably tell I'm not a huge fan of 'one shot wonder' soakers :D )

EDIT: I do like the drain gun though!.
Last edited by Andrew on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Revolution Will NOT Be Dry!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Advertisements, people. That thing must be old though, if they managed to get an SS300 for it in a pathetic attempt to make their product come off as superior to SS.

But like what we've seen from the SS 2011 line so far, nothing new here, haha.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Stream machines are actually really good- I, a scrawny 13 year old, can easily push 50 feet with one.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 am

In that case it's on par with the CPS 2000 in terms of range, which I will admit is pretty good for a piston blaster. However, after a long water fight, the same range may be hard to match.

I suppose they'd be quite useful if converted to backpack fed pump action blasters (with parts of that boat buddy attachment thing). Without this though, I maintain that such weapons are of little use in a true water warfare situation (unless a water bucket is transported around the playing field).
The Revolution Will NOT Be Dry!

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:06 pm

True. If you managed to attach a sling and but a block in the nozzle, it would make a food backup.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:11 pm

seems to be a ss 300 to my mind :)

By the way, hi there, lovely guys! quite long ago, that I post things here :)

Hi atvan, how s going on ?
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:34 pm

How's it going or what's going on? :p

Welcome back. You were missed.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:59 pm

All fine with me :) Just came off from the Super Soaker theme quite much...

I started studying two moths ago, going to become a polymer-engineerer :) In the end I will build up my OWN watergun from liquid plastics... :D And this one will then just have all it should :D

What brought me back here was more or less the fact that I was able to pick up a CPS 2000 Mk1 in great shape and working order for a very reasonable price :) and also a CPS 3200 for a great deal :)

O well, I am missing the time when I was so really into Super Soaker :) But time moves on... although it will always stay a part of me :) Just the focus is somewhere else than on SS at the moment^^
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:55 pm

That sounds good. Too bad you couldn't leagally sell them if they had CPS…
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog