Request: Delivery of super soaker to Denmark

General water gun discussion.
ScoutingDenmark

Request: Delivery of super soaker to Denmark

Post by ScoutingDenmark » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:46 am

Hi!

I'm a danish scouts leader who is involved in a minor national scouting event named Sanct. Croix. The event is taking place in Denmark late september and we are currently in the phase of planning the event.
One of our ideas for this weekend is a game of Assassin with water guns. None of us are really into the whole water gun world, but it sounds like a lot of fun and we have been inspired a lot by movies at youtube.

Unfortunately haven't we got enough water guns for the event and therefore are we looking into buying a minor armory.

I've have personally been lurking a bit over the internet and found this website. Being a place where people seems to know about their stuff and not full of totally random comments.

Cutting to the case: We are in search of about 10-14 water guns and I read a previous thread about the Water Warrior Gorgon which retails for about 20$ in Walmart and seems to be a good value for money gun.

I'm therefore interested in finding someone who could buy and ship the water guns to Denmark, since the prices in Denmark are sky high on water guns.

We are of course willing to pay for the service.

Does it sound like something that you could help with, then contact me at gemisser3 (at) yahoo [dot] dk.

If you have any questions, feel free to email, pm or just type in thread. I will try to answer asap.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Greetings,

Lasse Blaabjerg
Scouts leader of Sct. Joergens Group, Denmark
gemisser3 (at) yahoo [dot] dk

atvan

Re: Request: Delivery of super soaker to Denmark

Post by atvan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:39 pm

Welcome to SSC. There may be some that are willint to do that, not sure. However, assasins is less about power and more about stealth. You could easily get by with a cheap squirt gun. Also, I'm not sure how well assasins will work with people that know each other and know who is playing.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

ScoutingDenmark

Post by ScoutingDenmark » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:49 am

Thanks for the warm welcome.

The first idea for this event was a game of laser tag in forest during the night. But the price for renting the equipment was way over our budget. Therefore I looked for an alternative and thought of playing a game of paintball, just with water guns instead, since we have some young scouts with us. The game assassin isn't really the central point in the event and can easily be replaced by something more "brutal".

The scouts doesn't really know each other that much, since it is a national event. Furthermore we are going to play at night in semi darkness.

Yesteday I found out that toysrus retailed the gorgon, but for the stackering price of 38$, which is nearly doubble the cost in Walmart.

I'm therefore still looking into getting them shipped from US.

The sco

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:04 am

The shipping will likely exceed your TRU price when combined with the standard price. The gorgon may also be too big for some of the smaller scouts.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

ScoutingDenmark

Post by ScoutingDenmark » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:48 am

Actually you might be right about the sizing, since the youngest will be around 12 years old.
I'm still pretty amazed by the gorgon and might be a bit blinded by the dream of a mega water gun.
On the other hand, 20 $ is pennies compared to water guns in denmark, which exceeds doubble the cost very quick, if you want any quality above the lowest of the lowest.

We can get the sphinx for 27$, would it be more reasonable for this kind of event?

Thanks for the perspectives on this subject!

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:23 pm

That seems like a decent gun, especially for it's size. I also has great modding potential, but I doubt you are worried about that. It is half the size of the gorgon, but only has 3 feet less range. It seems a bit pricy, but may be the cheapest option.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

Shrike

Post by Shrike » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:56 pm

in case you live near the german border you should try getting them in a german br-spiewaren store (german subsidiary of br.dk). they have the sphinx for 20€. you can also check out other stores in germany as things are usually cheaper here than in denmark.

shrike