Backpack mod. With a QFD.

General water gun discussion.
Fatalness

Backpack mod. With a QFD.

Post by Fatalness » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:39 pm

I stopped by at my local dollar store and found some really cool stuff.

A quick Hose connector set, 2-way shut-off valve, and 2 Hose couplings with hose clamps included.

I also have a 5-liter Winebox bag that has a little turning spigot that's removable

Havign a bit of trouble as to how to connect the hoses to the wine bag and to my Gorgon.
Attachments
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 001.jpg

Fatalness

Re: Backpack mod. With a QFD.

Post by Fatalness » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:47 pm

lol i don't need that 2 way valve, I'll can make it direct from the reservoir to the QFD.

How to connect the hose to the wine bag is still a problem and the Gorgon's fill head is also too big.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:21 am

You can modify the caps, both from the Gorgon and winebox, to accept a hose.

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Finished! I'll post picturs if anyone wants to see it.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Thats great! Let's see it!

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:02 pm

My biggest problem was finding a way to connect the 5L winebag to the hose. Well my mom's a nurse and she has random stuff. This one is a container for protecting sterile syringes. I tried it out and it fit perfectly! It's almost as strong as the plastic used for the reservoir of the Gorgon. It also had the exact ID of the OD PVC Threaded connector. And that fit the ID of the garden hose i was using! Man what a stroke of luck. I had spent hours trying to make it work, I guess God helps those who helps themselves? Now i needed it to be affixed permanently. I tried epoxy and pvc cement but neither bonded very well. But I knew of one thing that could bond anything! Super Glue. SO i did that but after the glue dried i worried about leaks so I used Kitchen/bathroom Silicone Caulk to water proof the seals. As for the Threaeded PVC connector, i strapped on a ton of Teflon tape and jammed the sucker in.

I gave the hose a hose clamp, but decided some layers of teflon there couldn't hurt either.

Next I had to attach the QFD connector to the cap. OD of a male garden hose connector is 1 inch ( not measuring the threads). The drill bit i am showing in the pic is used for creating the hole in your door where the bolt comes out. It has an OD of 1 Inch. So i clamped down the cap Drew center lines and since i didnt have a drill press, I had to make do with a cordless drill. IT took a steady hand to make an even hole.After getting rid of the burs, I sanded down the threads a bit and used a C-clamp and a piece of wood ( to protect the plastic) to gently push the two pieces together with a bit of epoxy. I later sealed it further with more silicone.

With the drill bit i used

Next to an original cap. I still kept the tether on both caps.

Lastly is the finished product. I've tested it for leaks all day and it works beautifully. I just plug, refill, and go! The suction from the gun also helps to get water out of the backpack in addition to wearing it higher up on my shoulders so gravity can do some of the work too.

Hose with Valve. I still wanted a valve at the end but all i have is this two way. It''ll do for now.

The QFD on the cap.

Finished product.

5L is good for me, I'm not a big guy so its a good amount that still gives me a lot of mobility. Also the strap i used is for guitars by Dickies. Thick and comfortable.

I really want to do a paint job. Not sure what design but these colors are too kiddie for me. I can stand the yellow but that blue has got to go.

Next i think go PRVD and CPS after some more research on the internals.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Nice! If I I were you, I would do the PRVD or the CPS mod. If you do the CPS mod, and the PRV acts up, you can disable it. If not, it does serve a purpose, and would be good to leave it in.

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:18 pm

Huh, according to yhe acronym dictionary, my gorgon is now SUper charged :D

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:27 pm

What? That would be if you did a power mod. At leasr, that is what makes the most sense.

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:28 pm

I thought SC's were labeled so because of the QFD ability

http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis ... eries.html
Last edited by Fatalness on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:52 pm

Oh. That supercharged. Does your gun pressurize by the hose? That would make it SC.

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:12 am

not all SC class guns presurize with the hose many still have pumps

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:36 am

But the SC feature is the ability to pressurize by hose. The CPS 3200 had a QFD port. Was it labeled SC? No, because it did not pressurize, it just filled up the backpack.

Btw, cheapest mod i've ever seen. $5?

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:49 am

haha yup I'm from the bay area in California, there's a chain of stores called 99cents Only. Their store colors are green and purple.

Thanks to them i stayed within my $25 budget. Gorgon- $20 Mods- $5

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:27 am

You may be close to Strato. Maybe you two could hook up for a battle.

Nice job on the mod!