Hasbro on QFDs

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
SSCBen

Hasbro on QFDs

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:23 pm

Recently I asked Hasbro about locating replacement QFDs. My question to them:
Will the Super Soaker Quick-Fill Device be making a return to the replacement parts page for Super Soakers? Or where could I locate one aside from second-hand places?
Their response after explaining that I did not mean the quick-fill caps used on the newer water guns:
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The parts you are referring to are no longer manufactured.

We appreciate having the opportunity to assist you.
Given that QFDs are no longer manufacturered, I will definitely be looking into constructing homemade ones and reselling them. Tommorow I'll likely make a trip to the hobby shop to find the correct 20mm brass piping needed for a homebuilt QFD. Then, the remainder of building would be as easy as threading everything together.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:14 pm

Sounds good for all those who've run their lawnmower over theirs.

I am not suggesting that anybody attempts that.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston